When do they start selling the rooms that hold 3-4 people to just couples or singles?

There are very few rooms for just two people on the cruises in August '24 we are looking at (understandably so!!), however, if I say I have three or four in my party there are a lot more rooms available.  Since August is in about another week, at what point will they allow couples and singles the chance to buy those rooms that hold 3-4 people?  Wouldn't they rather sell them to two people than to NO people?  I thought by now any open room on any ship in August would be available for booking no matter how small the party.

7 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

There are very few rooms for just two people on the cruises in August '24 we are looking at (understandably so!!), however, if I say I have three or four in my party there are a lot more rooms available.  Since August is in about another week, at what point will they allow couples and singles the chance to buy those rooms that hold 3-4 people?  Wouldn't they rather sell them to two people than to NO people?  I thought by now any open room on any ship in August would be available for booking no matter how small the party.

Call and see if you can get the cabin released for your party of two.  I was able to do this in the past when there were no balcony cabins showing for two but many if you were a party of 3 or 4.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Wouldn't they rather sell them to two people than to NO people?

The algorithm that governs the cabin selling strategy and RCI IT may not have common sense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katems75 said:

Wouldn't they rather sell them to two people than to NO people?  I thought by now any open room on any ship in August would be available for booking no matter how small the party.

They also assign them to guarantees.  With demand high as it currently is, ships are sailing full or almost full and there are not many cabins going unsold.,

We've tried to book JS that hold 3-4 (two of us) onboard and been told no.  When our TA does it, it's never been an issue.  I think some of it is putting the effort in.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The algorithm that governs the cabin selling strategy and RCI IT may not have common sense.

Agree, Me as a SOLO passenger been able get 1/2 or 3/4 at anytime on some ships, others not until closer to Sail Date. This even on 2 Ships of same class.

15 minutes ago, BND said:

We've tried to book JS that hold 3-4 (two of us) onboard and been told no.  When our TA does it, it's never been an issue.  I think some of it is putting the effort in.

Yup, don't succeed first time try again. It may work

• Like 1