Opinions on Arcadia

ann141

We did a 19 night Med cruise on her in May 2023,I was wondering what I had let us in for with all the negative reviews I heard beforehand.

It was obvious from the start that a fair bit of wear & tear was in evidence,one officer told us that absolutely nothing had been done during Covid & so they were seriously behind with maintenance,we are used to seeing painting going on but I have never seen so much cutting & welding going on during a cruise.

We had no problems with our toilet,yes the fixtures & fittings are not the most modern but functional which IMO is all you can ask for & our cabin was certainly clean & comfortable,we did see buckets on a couple of occasions but they were not there for long.

An outbreak of gastric enteritis meant crew serving the food in the buffet which was a real pain as some obviously didn't want to be doing it,never had a problem getting seated although breakfasts could be busy,we heard many say that they used the buffet for Breakfast because the MDR closes too early.

We thought the theatre was a lovely room as was the Rising Sun,yes there is a shortage of speciality restaurants,tempered by the fact that the meals we had in the Ocean Grill were some of the best we have ever had at sea with wonderful service ,Sindhu was nearly as good with the added bonus of lovely window tables!

End result is that we loved Arcadia,she is IMO a very handsome looking ship,she looks like a proper ship rather than a floating hotel & have booked to sail the Med on her in May 2025 & 2026,hopefully the refurb will make her even more enjoyable than before all with the added bonus of no kids!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I will be on Arcadia this coming week, off to Iceland. I will report as I find! But like others, we cruise for the destinations rather than anything else. As long as my cabin is clean, and the food edible, and they dont run out of wine, I am sure we will enjoy ourselves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

I will be on Arcadia this coming week, off to Iceland. I will report as I find! But like others, we cruise for the destinations rather than anything else. As long as my cabin is clean, and the food edible, and they dont run out of wine, I am sure we will enjoy ourselves.

I look forward to hearing about your cruise. We have our first cruise on Arcadia booked for November, so will be interesting to read. We are sailing after her refit so will be interesting to compare a before and after!

• Like 2