Laundry question

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jlawrence01 said:

In the past, we have used the laundry service for $30 a bag 

Does HAL offer an unlimited laundry service and how much would that be on a 14 day cruise?

Yes. The unlimited for my upcoming Mexico cruise in December is $8.50 per day. ($8.50 X 14 days = $119) This package is for all guests in the cabin...need to only purchase one package per cabin!

image.png.fd0232e65f2db09fa0731718a41519c5.png

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jlawrence01 said:

Thanks a lot.  We are at sea for 31 days over three cruises on two ships and it will probably be better to do all of the laundry while on HAL.

Just for clarification, pressing is included for submitted laundry items.  If you have onboard credit (OBC), you can wait until you are onboard to use it to pay for the unlimited laundry package (price is the same if purchased online).  Your first laundry bag and list will be on a pants hanger in your stateroom closet.  Laundry bags are picked up by your Room Stewards during the morning and evening stateroom cleaning, so ask for extra bags and laundry lists from your Room Stewards on Embarkation Day.

Write any instructions on the laundry list (e.g.  wash cold and dry low):

image.thumb.jpeg.1aaf9f3d97c0029bb7b677afd9718541.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, they offer this service. If I remember correctly, the price varies based upon the location and length of the cruise. Depending on how many times you do laundry, the unlimited may be a better option. Also, you can stuff quite a bit of laundry in a bag!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crew News said:

Laundry bags are picked up by your Room Stewards during the morning and evening stateroom cleaning, so ask for extra bags and laundry lists from your Room Stewards on Embarkation Day.

You can also use the Order Now function in Navigator and request a laundry pickup anytime thru the day and I have found it to be picked up within the hour. If you want regular next day service, get it out by 9:00am. I generally put in the e-request and leave the bag dangling from the door if the Stewards are on break. And asking for extra bag and order sheet is certainly a good idea. You should get one back with each clean laundry return, if supply holds out and your steward is on the ball. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

You can also use the Order Now function in Navigator and request a laundry pickup anytime thru the day and I have found it to be picked up within the hour. If you want regular next day service, get it out by 9:00am. I generally put in the e-request and leave the bag dangling from the door if the Stewards are on break. And asking for extra bag and order sheet is certainly a good idea. You should get one back with each clean laundry return, if supply holds out and your steward is on the ball. 

Oh, that's cool. I didn't know about that function in Navigator (but it's been a while since my last cruise!).

• Like 1

DW & I are blessed to have just reached 4-star status. Since we're getting down to the rudiments of HAL's laundry service, I have a few questions:

Will the system automatically know that we are eligible for free laundry? I know it's a good and prudent thing to keep a record of the items we're sending to the laundry, but is it still required that we fill out the laundry slips and itemize everything? Is there an etiquette involved -- of the "Peel me a grape" variety? In other words, is it possible to take unfair advantage of the free-laundry perq?

BTW, others on this board have attested to the opinion that when it comes to speed and quality of onboard laundry service, HAL definitely has the competitive advantage.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

DW & I are blessed to have just reached 4-star status. Since we're getting down to the rudiments of HAL's laundry service, I have a few questions:

Will the system automatically know that we are eligible for free laundry? I know it's a good and prudent thing to keep a record of the items we're sending to the laundry, but is it still required that we fill out the laundry slips and itemize everything? Is there an etiquette involved -- of the "Peel me a grape" variety? In other words, is it possible to take unfair advantage of the free-laundry perq?

BTW, others on this board have attested to the opinion that when it comes to speed and quality of onboard laundry service, HAL definitely has the competitive advantage.

Congratulations on your 4-star status.

When completing the laundry list, i write at the top of list "5-Star Mariner - No Charge" and have never been charged.  It is also prudent to keep the pink copy for your records before placing the list in the laundry bag.  Itemizing each item is needed for tracking purposes to ensure your items find their way back to your stateroom.

The charge for laundry appears on your statement on the first day as "Laundry Loyalty Discount applied" on the first submission.  This confirms that the Accounting folks are aware.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You need to select "Regular Service" for the 4*/5* benefit. Express Service & Dry Cleaning are not included.

Yes, select Unlimited and write 4* Mariner under it. You will not be charged.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Petronillus said:

Will the system automatically know that we are eligible for free laundry?

Yes,

We are 4 Stars and have used this fantastic benefit on 4 cruises since entering this special world.....Just check "unlimited" and send it in.  No need to mark it 4 star or do anything on the form (we've never been charged since acquiring this most special benefit). 

Enjoy the free laundry......and welcome to the 4 Star Club!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you still need to fill out the form and itemize everything. On the 2023 World Cruise, our cabin steward gave us forms that had no prices on it since we are 4*. At least twice, we miscounted the number of items on the sheet. Either or cabin steward or someone in the laundry dept contacted us to verify the count. They were right, we were wrong. Also, at the very end of the cruise, we were shorted a few items.

Knowing the count and having photos helped them locate the items. I create piles on the floor for each type of item and take a photo of the pile before stuffing the bag. I delete the photo once everything is returned. So I knew my DH red polo shirt was missing. The photo isn’t detailed enough to show brand, etc. But since I know what we packed I was able to give a complete description to guest services. 

At the end of the WC, everyone sends out all their laundry. They stop accepting it about a week before the end of the cruise so they can get it all completed before we disembark. We received a basket of folded underwear and other items that were definitely not ours. We gave it to guest services.

• Thanks 1

On a regular 7 day, non-WC Saturday to Saturday cruise, what would be the last day they would accept laundry?  We have the unlimited because we’re traveling prior to getting on the ship.  I’m figuring maybe Wednesday or Thursday for regular service?

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Yes,

We are 4 Stars and have used this fantastic benefit on 4 cruises since entering this special world.....Just check "unlimited" and send it in.  No need to mark it 4 star or do anything on the form (we've never been charged since acquiring this most special benefit). 

Enjoy the free laundry......and welcome to the 4 Star Club!

This.

Enjoy your benefits and cruise!! @jlawrence01

• Like 1

Hi, All,

We discovered unlimited laundry for a set price on our first HAL cruise together on Westerdam. We do not cruise on HAL without it.  wish that other cruise lines (Royal, for instance) offered that option. On our Koningsdam cruise on January 28, 2025, it came to $8.50/day. What it does is to allow us to PACK LESS. Helps with flights also. On Rotterdam in 2021, we sent out in the morning (before 9 AM) and it was returned the same day. Has that changed?

Jim

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, All,

We discovered unlimited laundry for a set price on our first HAL cruise together on Westerdam. We do not cruise on HAL without it.  wish that other cruise lines (Royal, for instance) offered that option. On our Koningsdam cruise on January 28, 2025, it came to $8.50/day. What it does is to allow us to PACK LESS. Helps with flights also. On Rotterdam in 2021, we sent out in the morning (before 9 AM) and it was returned the same day. Has that changed?

Jim

That was the case in April (Koningsdam) and May (Nieuw Amsterdam) but slowed on the last two days as other passengers were submitting their single bags of laundry.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

That was the case in April (Koningsdam) and May (Nieuw Amsterdam) but slowed on the last two days as other passengers were submitting their single bags of laundry.

Thanks.

Jim