We have booked another cruise!

We have booked a cruise on the Pacific Explorer from Auckland!

We are departing on 2nd Sep 2024 we are going to Fiji! 😎 🚢

It will be great to do one last P&O Australia cruise before the brand shuts down! and able to finally do a cruise on the Pacific Explorer, before she gets sold.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Enjoy, we have a last one with P&O as well, although we had it booked prior to the announcement and it is on the Adventure.

Same, although we are on Encounter. We three should compare notes when we get back.🤔😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Enjoy, we have a last one with P&O as well, although we had it booked prior to the announcement and it is on the Adventure.

We are having our wake on Adventure while you are on your way to Japan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:
4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Same, although we are on Encounter. We three should compare notes when we get back.🤔😂

Me, too. I'm on Adventure in December.

• Like 1

You're officially invited to the notes comparison! 😂We'll have to make a diary note for the end of December when everyone should have returned from (I would assume) their last hurrah on P&O.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

We have booked a cruise on the Pacific Explorer from Auckland!

We are departing on 2nd Sep 2024 we are going to Fiji! 😎 🚢

It will be great to do one last P&O Australia cruise before the brand shuts down! and able to finally do a cruise on the Pacific Explorer, before she gets sold.

Happy Days!! 

A day that involves booking a cruise is always a great one! 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

You're officially invited to the notes comparison! 😂We'll have to make a diary note for the end of December when everyone should have returned from (I would assume) their last hurrah on P&O.

I will tender my late note. One of the very late P&O operated by P&O cruises for us in late Feb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I will tender my late note. One of the very late P&O operated by P&O cruises for us in late Feb. 

Geoff, you're always welcome to give us your thoughts after your February cruise 🙂 I, for one, am interested in people's last hurrahs!😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Geoff, you're always welcome to give us your thoughts after your February cruise 🙂 I, for one, am interested in people's last hurrahs!😂

I thought I had already done my last P&O hurrah, and I have such fond memories of Golden Princess I didn't want to spoil - just too damned sentimental.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I thought I had already done my last P&O hurrah, and I have such fond memories of Golden Princess I didn't want to spoil - just too damned sentimental.

Sigh...... Aren't we all? I still miss Pacific Dawn. She was a bit creaky around the joints, but she was a grand old lady. I know she is still tootling around as Ambience, but I'm sure she wouldn't have the same appeal/ambience (pun definitely intended!🤣).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

A gentleman never tells, :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

We are on our last P&O Explorer cruise 9th-13th Dec.

Taking our 2 grand daughters on their first cruise.

Have always enjoyed P&O as a cheap and cheerful family line and hope the closure will not impact too much re staff and amenities as they wind down.

Daz 

• Like 4

I think of my PP at P&O who I have dealt with for many years.  Before and all through COVID - booking-cancelling-moving bookings, through sales of Pacific Jewel, Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn.  Re-booking when they were sold.  He has been an angel especially with my New Year family cruise (6 cabins) which was amended so many times trying to keep cabins together when cruises got cancelled constantly because of lock-down.

I do hope they keep the current P&O staff to take care of Australian passengers.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dazadelaide said:

We are on our last P&O Explorer cruise 9th-13th Dec.

Taking our 2 grand daughters on their first cruise.

Have always enjoyed P&O as a cheap and cheerful family line and hope the closure will not impact too much re staff and amenities as they wind down.

Daz 

Don't forget to share your thoughts after the event, Daz

23 hours ago, Ondine said:

I do hope they keep the current P&O staff to take care of Australian passengers.

I think the good ones will be looked after, and pick-up roles with one of the other Carnival bands. Even to head back to the broader T/A community, the good agencies always seem to be chasing staff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 3:37 PM, cruiser3775 said:

Back on 11 December. I'm going to be on Kangaroo Island for my birthday. Planning on a good winery crawl!

PERFECT PLACE FOR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS - ENJOY!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 4:39 AM, MMDown Under said:

Sorry I was typing in bed.  Too lazy to turn capitals off.

Typing in bed? In cruise mode already, Marion?🤭

• Haha 1

Sailing on Adventure on 25th August for 9 nights to Cairns.  It will be interesting to talk to our cabin steward and dining room staff to see if they have been told about what, if any,  impact the merger on 1st March next year will have on them.  Also booked on Adventure for June and August next year so will be interesting to see if there are any changes after the merger.   Hopefully you will be able to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard after 1st March and our Carnival platinum status will be acknowledged on Adventure. 

30 minutes ago, ddvgww said:

Sailing on Adventure on 25th August for 9 nights to Cairns.  It will be interesting to talk to our cabin steward and dining room staff to see if they have been told about what, if any,  impact the merger on 1st March next year will have on them.  Also booked on Adventure for June and August next year so will be interesting to see if there are any changes after the merger.   Hopefully you will be able to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard after 1st March and our Carnival platinum status will be acknowledged on Adventure. 

Please let us know what the crew had to say later this month. I'd be interested to know.