A few QA questions

devolve

Hi just a few questions for our QA cruise

Is hair conditioner provided 

Is the hairdryer very powerful 

How many uk plugs and usb sockets

Can you still take alcohol onboard

Can you take a suit carrier on as hand luggage 

What time does self disembark usually start.

Thank you

Is hair conditioner provided   Yes

Is the hairdryer very powerful  Did not use so can't say

How many uk plugs and usb sockets.  3 x UK plus 3 x UBS A and C ( may vary depending on cabin type)

Can you still take alcohol onboard.  Yes, 

Can you take a suit carrier on as hand luggage  yes

What time does self disembark usually start.  around 8.00 depending on port clearance

Information correct as of last month

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devolve said:

Is the hairdryer very powerful 

How many uk plugs and usb sockets

If you can be bothered looking through them, there are several YouTube videos with cabin reviews ranging from inside through to grills. Chances are you'll probably find one showing your cabin type with shots of what sockets they have and their locations.

• Like 1

Looking for the actual menu of Sir  Samuel’s dinner menu on the new Queen Anne. Also, if you have the actual sir Samuel’s lunch menu on the Queen Anne   and while we’re at it, how about the Tramonto  restaurant menu  on the Queen Anne?  Thanks in advance. 

The hair dryer in Britannia Club and thus probably Britannia is pretty awful.  Very underpowered.  I regretted the last minute decision not to take my own better small travel dryer.  Unlike those on the other Cunard ships the QA dryer is not fixed in a drawer.  QA storage space in the lower grade rooms is more limited.  

From posts I understand that Grills have better dryers.

1 hour ago, Planning to cruise said:

The hair dryer in Britannia Club and thus probably Britannia is pretty awful.  Very underpowered.  I regretted the last minute decision not to take my own better small travel dryer.  Unlike those on the other Cunard ships the QA dryer is not fixed in a drawer.  QA storage space in the lower grade rooms is more limited.  

QG hairdryers are indeed powerful.

6 hours ago, catkoe1 said:

Looking for the actual menu of Sir  Samuel’s dinner menu on the new Queen Anne. Also, if you have the actual sir Samuel’s lunch menu on the Queen Anne   and while we’re at it, how about the Tramonto  restaurant menu  on the Queen Anne?  Thanks in advance. 

These are the menus currently available in MyCunard. I believe the Sir Samuel's lunch menu is just a smaller version of this (hopefully someone can confirm), there's no menu for it on MyCunard, but it is about $20 cheaper than the evening option.

Tramonto-Menu-Apr24.pdf Sir-Samuels-Sample-Menu.pdf

47 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

QG hairdryers are indeed powerful.

Not sure if it’s all QG, but ours is a Dyson which as I mentioned in May, has given me a 'try before you buy" experience.

Great for a ship’s hairdryer but I’ll stick to my own at home for the price differential

• Like 1

14 hours ago, devolve said:

Hi just a few questions for our QA cruise

Is hair conditioner provided 

Conditioner was available in Britannia balcony room. The hairdryer was not powerful and you need to keep the knob held down while using - I used a strong elastic band to keep it down. 448A3F87-3660-4FBD-B0C9-AC568A592C78.thumb.jpeg.dff7cfef040a9469d4d8080681bc8b74.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Planning to cruise said:

I don't know what you consider "lower grade," but I was in PG and storage was definitely inadequate. Three closets, mostly shelves. Maybe 4 feet wide all together. Britannia had only two of these, but there was a third closet near the bed that looked like an afterthought. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

Regarding storage, it seems that pax may be living out of packing cubes on long QA voyages. 

And/or using the launderettes more!

On our cabin crawl, there were several questions of "what would you do on a long cruise?" One of our roll call members had all of their shoes lined up along the wall opposite the foot of the bed. Brit and PG looked like there was a space that could take an extra closet. But that won't happen any time soon.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

And/or using the launderettes more!

On our cabin crawl, there were several questions of "what would you do on a long cruise?" One of our roll call members had all of their shoes lined up along the wall opposite the foot of the bed. Brit and PG looked like there was a space that could take an extra closet. But that won't happen any time soon.

Well, you never know, they were hurriedly retrofitting extra (?any?) drawers on QV’s first world cruise, which was about her second voyage.