Trying to Bid a Move Up

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

They only show the Generic Sky Suite which cover all three sub-classifications AquaClass Sky, Sky 1 and Sky 2.    It is possible you could get any of them but usually you get the lowest.  You can hope.   It is the same for all others with sub-classifications.

No, the bid page that I am seeing shows both of the categories I referenced above; AquaClass Sky Suite and a "plain" Sky Suite with the unusual bid pricing I gave.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No, the bid page that I am seeing shows both of the categories I referenced above; AquaClass Sky Suite and a "plain" Sky Suite with the unusual bid pricing I gave.

It’s been like that for our last cruise and next one, same as yours, on M class ships: the sky suite is higher priced than the aqua sky suite for bidding.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting Rick...

I've never seen it before.... is the minimum maximum much more for the AquaClas Sky Suite or is is minimal.  

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting Rick...

I've never seen it before.... is the minimum maximum much more for the AquaClas Sky Suite or is is minimal.  

See post #21 for actual numbers

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 4:00 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...consider me officially confused!  I got into the upgrade page.  I *assume* that the cabins are listed from the most spacious/desirable/expensive top to bottom down the left-hand side of the page.  It shows an Aqua Class Sky Suite above a "plain" Sky Suite at the very bottom of the list.

Is the only difference between these two cabins the addition of "AquaClass"...meaning access to Blu, etc.?

My confusion comes from the fact that the range of bidding is $0-$1650 for the AquaClass Sky Suite and the regular Sky Suite is $0-$2060...making it appear more expensive than the AquaClass Sky Suite.

What am I missing here?

Which ship?  Which sailing?  What stateroom are you presently booked in?

Interesting - I've never seen the lower level being $0 - to move to a suite it has always been a minimum of about $500.

As for Aqua Sky Suites, being able to go to Blu (as space if available), and having some Spa access hasn't seemed to resonate with many cruisers enough to justify its higher cost - often $1000/pp over a "standard" Sky Suite.  They tend to be on an upper deck near the Spa and not mid-ship as many prefer which could be another factor as to why people pass on Aqua Sky Suites.  

Edited by Andy_P

On 7/30/2024 at 5:59 PM, Andy_P said:

Which ship?  Which sailing?  What stateroom are you presently booked in?

Interesting - I've never seen the lower level being $0 - to move to a suite it has always been a minimum of about $500.

As for Aqua Sky Suites, being able to go to Blu (as space if available), and having some Spa access hasn't seemed to resonate with many cruisers enough to justify its higher cost - often $1000/pp over a "standard" Sky Suite.  They tend to be on an upper deck near the Spa and not mid-ship as many prefer which could be another factor as to why people pass on Aqua Sky Suites.  

I assumed that Aqua Sky Suites had the option of dining in their choosing of either Luminae or Blu. I didn't realize Blu was based on availability unless you are just in a regular sky suite. Otherwise, why would one pay more for that option, since it's technically a higher tier stateroom? Although to your point if there are a surplus in that category, they could be less expensive closer to sailing date. The only reason I ask is because I had considered booking an Aqua Sky Suite since we loved Blu and would like to try Luminae as well, but the cost was well above a regular sky suite, so we stuck with Aqua, since we enjoyed Blu as much as we did last time and some of the printed Luminae menus I've seen online didn't appeal to me as much. I would consider a move up bid closer to sailing to Aqua Sky Suite, but only if it would give us the option of dining in either. That way if one menu appealed to us more than the other, we could choose. Otherwise, I'd see no point in paying more.

12 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

I assumed that Aqua Sky Suites had the option of dining in their choosing of either Luminae or Blu. I didn't realize Blu was based on availability unless you are just in a regular sky suite. Otherwise, why would one pay more for that option, since it's technically a higher tier stateroom? Although to your point if there are a surplus in that category, they could be less expensive closer to sailing date. The only reason I ask is because I had considered booking an Aqua Sky Suite since we loved Blu and would like to try Luminae as well, but the cost was well above a regular sky suite, so we stuck with Aqua, since we enjoyed Blu as much as we did last time and some of the printed Luminae menus I've seen online didn't appeal to me as much. I would consider a move up bid closer to sailing to Aqua Sky Suite, but only if it would give us the option of dining in either. That way if one menu appealed to us more than the other, we could choose. Otherwise, I'd see no point in paying more.

It's not just dining in Luminae that you gain (which in my opinion is not really overall any better than Blu), you move to a larger stateroom, enjoy priority boarding and seating for some shows, but have access to the Retreat.  That said, we've sailed Aqua Class quite a bit and it's a real sweet spot, having Blu and Spa access while only costing a bit more than Concierge.

• Like 2

Im having the same issue, but before i email them, does anyone know if you have to be a certain number of days out before you can bid?  I made my final payment last week, but it wasnt due until tomorrow, 8/2 for a 11/2 cruise.  Should i wait until after the actual payment date or does that matter?  thanks

2 hours ago, 20165 said:

Im having the same issue, but before i email them, does anyone know if you have to be a certain number of days out before you can bid?  I made my final payment last week, but it wasnt due until tomorrow, 8/2 for a 11/2 cruise.  Should i wait until after the actual payment date or does that matter?  thanks

I never got an offer until I emailed them...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 20165 said:

The email comes pretty consistently two days after final payment date (not two days after you make final payment).  However as explained, you can look under "Manage Trip" and "Upgrade with MoveUp" or go to https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade to see if you qualify.

Edited by Andy_P

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

The email comes pretty consistently two days after final payment date (not two days after you make final payment).  However as explained, you can look under "Manage Trip" and "Upgrade with MoveUp" or go to https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade to see if you qualify.

Thanks and tried, get the same bounce back to the look up the reservation page then back to my itinerary.  I did book directly with Celebrity.  thx

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Thanks and tried, get the same bounce back to the look up the reservation page then back to my itinerary.  I did book directly with Celebrity.  thx

I’d check the offers very carefully as we’ve received an email for our October cruise and the MoveUp lowest bids are far more than if you just paid the price to upgrade to those cabins.  I have no idea where they came up with the minimum bid costings; I presume they hope pax won’t check and just bid 🤷‍♀️.

8 hours ago, 20165 said:

it used to be that I’d get a message to make sure that my cruise was within 21 days of sailing when it was too early to bid. Now it seems to route to the let’s find your reservation page. 

it’s just too early. 

21 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

it used to be that I’d get a message to make sure that my cruise was within 21 days of sailing when it was too early to bid. Now it seems to route to the let’s find your reservation page. 

it’s just too early. 

Yep, too early to bid.  Response i got back on my email.

Thank you for your email. Our goal is to open sailings up for bidding at 90 days to sailing. Unfortunately, sailings for November has not yet opened as we haven’t reached that mark yet. Please let us know if you have any other question. 

• Like 1