Eden Restaurant Question

To the experienced Celebrity cruisers on here, i could not find a good answer for this question with a search of these forums.

The last time i was on the Celebrity Edge, i had dinner at the Eden restaurant it was a tasting menu, and it was absolute perfection.

I am sailing on the Apex this December and i made a reservation for the Eden again, however i just noticed that the default option is an "a la carte" option and the "Eden tasting" menu option is priced separately with a slight upcharge over the default one.

Is my understanding correct?

If yes, can i decide to pay the difference and try the "Eden Tasting Menu" with the same reservation?

Or do I have to cancel my current reservation and make another one by selecting the "Eden Tasting" option.

Also, since we have a large party can just a few of us select the "Eden Tasting" option while the other choose the "regular" a la carte option?

I don't want to lose my current reservation time and day.

Thanks for all responses in advance.

In past all had to choose the tasting menu at the table, its a timing thing and mixing in ala carte with the tasting menu, different number of courses, different size plating's etc. have never seen offered or allowed.  

2 hours ago, jolly_cruiser said:

To the experienced Celebrity cruisers on here, i could not find a good answer for this question with a search of these forums.

The last time i was on the Celebrity Edge, i had dinner at the Eden restaurant it was a tasting menu, and it was absolute perfection.

I am sailing on the Apex this December and i made a reservation for the Eden again, however i just noticed that the default option is an "a la carte" option and the "Eden tasting" menu option is priced separately with a slight upcharge over the default one.

Is my understanding correct?

If yes, can i decide to pay the difference and try the "Eden Tasting Menu" with the same reservation?

Or do I have to cancel my current reservation and make another one by selecting the "Eden Tasting" option.

Also, since we have a large party can just a few of us select the "Eden Tasting" option while the other choose the "regular" a la carte option?

I don't want to lose my current reservation time and day.

It has to be the same menu option for each member of the party.  There are many reasons for that.  Also, you don't have to cancel your existing reservation.  

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

In past all had to choose the tasting menu at the table, its a timing thing and mixing in ala carte with the tasting menu, different number of courses, different size plating's etc. have never seen offered or allowed.  

Thank you. This helps.

54 minutes ago, keesar said:

It has to be the same menu option for each member of the party.  There are many reasons for that.  Also, you don't have to cancel your existing reservation.  

Ok. Understood.

On Beyond earlier this month, there was the a la carte menu and the tasting menu.  The tasting menu was NOT a slight upcharge.  It was a HUGE upcharge (think hundreds!)  The venue was lovely and the servers great, but the engine noise was loud and we left before dessert.  Have no plans to ever go back.  (Same upcharge issue with Le Voyage, but at least the venue was quiet.)  I find it disconcerting that you paid for the cruise, then they want to upcharge you for a venue, and THEN a SIGNIFICANT upcharge should you be interested in the tasting menu.

1 hour ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

On Beyond earlier this month, there was the a la carte menu and the tasting menu.  The tasting menu was NOT a slight upcharge.  It was a HUGE upcharge (think hundreds!)  The venue was lovely and the servers great, but the engine noise was loud and we left before dessert.  Have no plans to ever go back.  (Same upcharge issue with Le Voyage, but at least the venue was quiet.)  I find it disconcerting that you paid for the cruise, then they want to upcharge you for a venue, and THEN a SIGNIFICANT upcharge should you be interested in the tasting menu.

I have eaten at Eden 2x, was quite good.  I have also eaten at Le Grand Bistro, 4x, and IMO, LGB is by far the better restaurant.  Celebrity has done a better job promoting Eden thus it gets much of the focus.  I stronly suggest anyone sailing on an Eclass, give LGB a try, you can thank me later!

This is our recent experience with Eden on the Edge July 5 Alaska sailing. We booked Eden for 2 on a flash sale, paId in full. A week before our sailing we called to change the date of reservation from Day 5 to Day 4. We were told they could cancel the original reservation and rebook at new (higher) price. We declined. Once onboard the retreat concierge was able to change nights easily for us. We were given a rating card from our server after the meal. We gave him high praise. We gave the ambience a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 and the food a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. The food was just not very good. The risotto was basic. The wellington bland. The desserts were decent. The wine steward poured my husband a glass of red bordeaux that was spoiled/brown and blamed it on the wine having been opened at lunch ? (Eden is not open at lunch and it was far too gone to be just 1/2 day old). The music from upstairs was too loud. We found the food at Le Bistro for lunch to be a 10 and the food in Luminae to be very good. I have read other reviews where people have had good luck with Eden. We just did not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

On Beyond and Ascent, the upcharge was $35 per person.  I don't consider that a huge upcharge.  

• Like 1

We've dined in Eden twice...once on Edge and once on Ascent.  We enjoyed the dining experience better on Ascent.  Both times we did the a la carte menu.  You can turn that into a tasting menu on your own based on what your order...at least that's what we did.  I never heard engine noise on either visit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

When i try to prebook the Eden 'A la Carte' vs 'Tasting Menu' the difference in Apex for our sailing is 30$, so i assume that will be upcharge as well.

1 hour ago, Liao said:

I have eaten at Eden 2x, was quite good.  I have also eaten at Le Grand Bistro, 4x, and IMO, LGB is by far the better restaurant.  Celebrity has done a better job promoting Eden thus it gets much of the focus.  I stronly suggest anyone sailing on an Eclass, give LGB a try, you can thank me later!

We have tried LGB as well and it is good, definitely different. However, the Eden experience was better IMO. However, this was in March 2022, and we tried the "Tasting Menu". Have never tried the 'A la Carte" option in Eden. I have heard different opinions on this.

1 hour ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

This is our recent experience with Eden on the Edge July 5 Alaska sailing. We booked Eden for 2 on a flash sale, paId in full. A week before our sailing we called to change the date of reservation from Day 5 to Day 4. We were told they could cancel the original reservation and rebook at new (higher) price. We declined. Once onboard the retreat concierge was able to change nights easily for us. We were given a rating card from our server after the meal. We gave him high praise. We gave the ambience a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 and the food a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. The food was just not very good. The risotto was basic. The wellington bland. The desserts were decent. The wine steward poured my husband a glass of red bordeaux that was spoiled/brown and blamed it on the wine having been opened at lunch ? (Eden is not open at lunch and it was far too gone to be just 1/2 day old). The music from upstairs was too loud. We found the food at Le Bistro for lunch to be a 10 and the food in Luminae to be very good. I have read other reviews where people have had good luck with Eden. We just did not.

YOu tried the "A La Carte" option?