2026 Itineraries - Summary

Keith1010

18 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Yay!  Symphony comes to the west voast

Do you know when they'll will start taking bookings  for  2026?

The fine print from the announcement, at the bottom of the page, we all can start booking at the following dates below:

• Aug. 27, 2024: Individual cruise segments for the first two calendar quarters will begin rolling out for Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony.
  • First week of December 2024: All remaining 2026 itineraries for both ships will be available to book.

kate

3 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

Yay!  Symphony comes to the west voast

Do you know when they'll will start taking bookings  for  2026?

First half late August this year and the rest December this year.

Keith

• Like 1

Did Symphony from Japan to Alaska in 2019 - it was great cruise going to ports in northern Alaska that aren't usually cruised to   Can't wait to see itinerary.

• Like 4

Did they already fix whatever defect it was that prevented Symphony from visiting some US ports, or is it that they are planning to fix it? If it's something still in the works, it might makes sense to wait before booking, otherwise, it's kind of like booking a new ship subject to delays.

4 hours ago, rock detective said:

Did they already fix whatever defect it was that prevented Symphony from visiting some US ports, or is it that they are planning to fix it? If it's something still in the works, it might makes sense to wait before booking, otherwise, it's kind of like booking a new ship subject to delays.

I've heard it both ways but there is a dry dock planned prior to 2026.

Me I won't wait.

Keith

• Like 1

I always thought this was sort of a strange spin on the problem, since the US is really lagging a lot of other regions of the world in terms of environmental restrictions on cruise ships.  The challenge Symphony faced last time was related more to the ship being based in a region of the US that restricted the number of visits ship could do within a certain amount of time if it lacked certain environmental controls.  

California was one of those states that had restrictions (the 2007 regulations started in 2014, and the 2020 regulations took effect 1/1/23) where Crystal was having challenges.  They don't require you to have shore power capabilities, but if you don't have it you have more hoops to jump through (like remediation funds, mitigation steps, or a limited number of violation "passes" to fight for (called VIE's)...  So if a vessel is going to more than just pass through CA (which Crystal's ships have often done since the regulations started), it gets tricky.

All that said, it doesn't look like Symphony is going to spend more time than they can secure VIE's for in 2026, so I wouldn't hesitate to book no matter what the status of shore power is...  But obviously the US is the least of Symphony's problems, so it's a good thing she's been updated to meet the evolving standards more broadly.

Vince

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Note that there is still a long gap in Symphony's schedule from October 31 through November 23.

I don't know when they filled in the long gap on Serenity, but it is now only a short gap from May 10 through May 17, and there are three newer itineraries in the Med, May 17 (7 nights), May 24 (6 nights), and May 30 (7 nights). Or maybe they are not new at all, but they were certainly originally in a long gap.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the Serenity will be doing "Atlantic Coast (Spain, Portugal, France)" in August, 2026.  Given that there will be a total lunar eclipse on August 12, it would be nice to know whether there will be a cruise that would offer a viewing, but if I understand correctly, we won't know the itineraries until December?  I would love to do an eclipse cruise, I don't think that it would be wise to wait that long before booking one, as these cruises are likely to book quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boblerm said:

I see that the Serenity will be doing "Atlantic Coast (Spain, Portugal, France)" in August, 2026.  Given that there will be a total lunar eclipse on August 12, it would be nice to know whether there will be a cruise that would offer a viewing, but if I understand correctly, we won't know the itineraries until December?  I would love to do an eclipse cruise, I don't think that it would be wise to wait that long before booking one, as these cruises are likely to book quickly.

I agree with everything you say, except you could book one on another line and cancel in December of 2024, if Crystal floats your boat. I’ve actually done that.

Please don’t tell Mr B that’s my plan. He didn’t love the other itinerary until I talked him into. Then I’d have to talk him into jumping ship, if Crystal indeed materializes. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Helene1111 said:

Boblerm, where do you see the Serenity itineraries for August 2026? Thanks. 

The itineraries have not been posted yet, just information from Crystal about the general area each ship will be sailing at various times.

• Like 1