Celebration- dining in restaurants free or not anymore

I am going on Celebration 7 days and was wandering if the Cucina de cappitano and the chibang and pig anchor are free first time for DINNER - not lunch , anymore and if they are do you make reservations or just first come first serve? or do we pay for these restaurants at dinner 

thanks 

1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname1Vbbjhju said:

I am going on Celebration 7 days and was wandering if the Cucina de cappitano and the chibang and pig anchor are free first time for DINNER - not lunch , anymore and if they are do you make reservations or just first come first serve? or do we pay for these restaurants at dinner 

thanks 

nothing has changed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

Keep in mind that if you have early or late seating (not YTD) you cannot get a reservation until after 7:30PM for specialty dining.

This is only on the Excel ships and specifically for Chibang and Cucina. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

This is only on the Excel ships and specifically for Chibang and Cucina. 

And they are going on the Celebration and asked about those restaurants

Edited by hapytobehr
  • Like 4

On 7/25/2024 at 12:02 PM, hapytobehr said:

And they are going on the Celebration and asked about those restaurants

True, but someone doing a search for Cucina might stumble on this thread, so always better to be specific.

• Like 1

Does the surcharge also apply to Guy's Pig and Anchor?  They seemed more lax, and didn't require reservations for dinner when we sailed on Mardi Gras.   
(Moot point for us; our experience there at dinner was....decidedly sub-par.)  

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Does the surcharge also apply to Guy's Pig and Anchor?  They seemed more lax, and didn't require reservations for dinner when we sailed on Mardi Gras.   
(Moot point for us; our experience there at dinner was....decidedly sub-par.)  

Pig and Anchor is included in the cruise fare, BUT they do have items available for an upcharge.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Pig and Anchor is included in the cruise fare, BUT they do have items available for an upcharge.

After our experience I doubt we'll darken its doors on the Celebration.  My friend John's meat was literally too tough/burnt to cut with a knife, and the greeter at the podium took photos of it with his cellphone to shame the chef.  And we had mis-plated items, etc.  Not a day to be proud of.  

On 8/1/2024 at 1:03 AM, Pellaz said:

After our experience I doubt we'll darken its doors on the Celebration.  My friend John's meat was literally too tough/burnt to cut with a knife, and the greeter at the podium took photos of it with his cellphone to shame the chef.  And we had mis-plated items, etc.  Not a day to be proud of.  

I've never been impressed with it onboard any ships.  I'll do the free lunch, but usually stay away from dinner.  There are a few good options, but not enough to waste a dinner there, IMO.

• Like 1