Be careful what you wish for: move up buyer’s remorse?

We won our bid to a sunset sky suite on the Silhouette but were assigned a corner aft sky suite under the outside dining area of the buffet, below the lido deck.   We were recently in a similar corner aft suite on the Eclipse and it was extremely rocky since it sat on the outer edge of the wake, so this may be an issue as well. I know this is the chance you take when you do a Move Up, but we bid on it before our experience on the Eclipse and didn’t think to withdraw our offer. Oh well… so blessed to be cruising at all, so not a complaint, more of a “heads up”. Btw it’s stateroom 2153. Anyone with any experience in that cabin, or one similarly situated? Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Btw it’s stateroom 2153. Anyone with any experience in that cabin, or one similarly situated?

We love those aft corner suites on the S-Class they are always our first choice.  We've sailed in them on both Reflection and Silhouette.   In fact, if you expand my signature below and look at the review of our 2022 Silhouette sailing we were in 2153.  Absolutely loved it and no issues with the room.  Also about a dozen pictures of that stateroom from my review are available to members on cruisedeckplans.com.  Here are two of them. 

CelSky121-74296-1708201825.webp

CelSky121-24255-1708201837.webp

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We love those aft corner suites on the S-Class they are always our first choice.  We've sailed in them on both Reflection and Silhouette.   In fact, if you expand my signature below and look at the review of our 2022 Silhouette sailing we were in 2153.  Absolutely loved it and no issues with the room.  Also about a dozen pictures of that stateroom from my review are available to members on cruisedeckplans.com.  Here are two of them. 

Thanks great!! Thanks so much for your response. I did see those pictures on that site but didn’t realize it was for the same stateroom. Really glad you had no issues. 

32 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I just read your review. Wonderful. Thanks so much. Now I can be excited for our suite instead of apprehensive!

• Thanks 1

The corner aft suites under the outdoor seating are my favorite! I love the shade and the privacy. My sister was with me once and she loved it too and chose that suite when she booked a future cruise for herself and her husband. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

We won our bid to a sunset sky suite on the Silhouette but were assigned a corner aft sky suite under the outside dining area of the buffet, below the lido deck.   We were recently in a similar corner aft suite on the Eclipse and it was extremely rocky since it sat on the outer edge of the wake, so this may be an issue as well. I know this is the chance you take when you do a Move Up, but we bid on it before our experience on the Eclipse and didn’t think to withdraw our offer. Oh well… so blessed to be cruising at all, so not a complaint, more of a “heads up”. Btw it’s stateroom 2153. Anyone with any experience in that cabin, or one similarly situated? Thanks. 

Great cabin 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The corner aft suites under the outdoor seating are my favorite! I love the shade and the privacy. My sister was with me once and she loved it too and chose that suite when she booked a future cruise for herself and her husband. 

Thanks for your response. I didn’t know it was shaded. That works well for my travel companion since she stays out of the sun. I love the sun. Are there any sunny areas on the balcony. Not a big deal, the pool area is so close by. Just wondering thanks 

8 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks for your response. I didn’t know it was shaded. That works well for my travel companion since she stays out of the sun. I love the sun. Are there any sunny areas on the balcony. Not a big deal, the pool area is so close by. Just wondering thanks 

The sun vs shade aspect will constantly change depending on time of day and direction traveled, so yes, there will be sun. I like the cover overhead in case of rain, too. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The sun vs shade aspect will constantly change depending on time of day and direction traveled, so yes, there will be sun. I like the cover overhead in case of rain, too. 

Perfect, thank you

52 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

Rockiness depends on where you are sailing. We were in a corner aft on the Tasman Sea and it was bouncy at times. I love the deck 12 aft sky suites.

I did some research and it appears that the Baltic Sea is pretty calm, so I’m happy about that. Thank you for your post, and to the other positive comments about the room. I’ve now super excited for it! 

Posted (edited)

We had the corner SS on deck 12 on the Silhouette.  It is a long walk to the stairs or elevators.  

it had a large balcony that wrapped around the corner.  Being at the top it also had some overhang that did provide some protection from the elements.  The cabins below didn’t have much overhang if any. 

The only real issue was the lack of electrical outlets.  There were usb ports in the base of the lamp but it was broken.  Told our butler and it got replaced.   There was one electrical outlet.   The room attendant had to show us where it was.   It was on the side of the cabinet under the desk/counter.  Not visible unless bending over and looking up, or lying on the floor.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

I just removed my bid on a sunset sky suite on the Solstice for my September cruise to Hawaii . I was thinking about it and was worried about the noise above .I had my first sky suite on the Reflection below the ocean view years ago( before Luminae)and remember the scraping of the chairs. I am wondering if they possibly put something on the bottom of the chairs or maybe some others are just not bothered by noise?? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sdnich said:

I just removed my bid on a sunset sky suite on the Solstice for my September cruise to Hawaii . I was thinking about it and was worried about the noise above .I had my first sky suite on the Reflection below the ocean view years ago( before Luminae)and remember the scraping of the chairs. I am wondering if they possibly put something on the bottom of the chairs or maybe some others are just not bothered by noise?? 

I shared one of the deck 12 corner sky suites with my sister in October on the Equinox. She booked the same for herself and her husband. I got a text from her saying she had read that the deck 12 cabins beneath the Oceanview could be noisy and wondered if she should switch. 🙂 I said well we were just in that cabin - was she bothered by noise? She thought about it and said no, not at all. 

it could be that some people notice it more, but we didn’t have any issues at all.

Edited by thebutlerdidit
  • Like 1