Reserve collection mini suites

It's walk in dining with prompt seating anytime the DRs are open. The service is greatly improved. The menu is the same as the other DRs plus there is one addition main at dinner.

Note: DRs are open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. The DR is also open for lunch on boarding day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Your servers will tell you what the extra dish is for that night.  It varies and you cannot predict what the dish will be, it is up to the chef.

Btw, Reserve Collection servers have priority in the kitchen to pickup dishes. Hence, a faster dining experience if that is desired.  We tell them to slow it down.  😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Can someone share what additional items we could expect to see?  

The only extra menu item I remember from our January 2024 cruise was Osso Buco.  As others have said, the extra menu item varies.  We always chose a reserve collection mini suite for the location and the dining experience. Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Btw, Reserve Collection servers have priority in the kitchen to pickup dishes. Hence, a faster dining experience if that is desired.  We tell them to slow it down.  😊

That will be nice!  Sometimes the dining room meals on cruises take forever. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

The only extra menu item I remember from our January 2024 cruise was Osso Buco.  As others have said, the extra menu item varies.  We always chose a reserve collection mini suite for the location and the dining experience. Enjoy your cruise!

We’re looking forward to it!

I have kept track of the extra-menu items from our cruises in Reserve/Club Class mini-suites.  Here are a few, all post-Covid:  Lemon risotto with garlic shrimp, lamb chops, lobster thermidor, tuna tartare, shrimp Fra Diablo, pappardelle with cream sauce and salmon, shrimp teriyaki with rice, shrimp Newburg, steak Diane, surf & turf, grilled rockfish, penne arriabiata, caesar salad with cajun chicken.  None of these have been made on site by the dining room manager, as in pre-Covid days of old.

Occasionally a breakfast special is on offer in the Reserve DR:  waffles with berries, eggs Benedict with salmon, crepes with Nutella and bananas, salmon bagel, blueberry pancakes.  On our most recent cruise, we had chatted up the waiters and they knew of our enjoyment of Filipino food, so each day at breakfast they provided the option of a Filipino breakfast meat, either beef tapas or tocino, both served with garlic rice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It;s about service not food in my opinion. If you give them a days notice they will make anything for you if available. I wanted smoked white fish in place of lox with the same trimmings and they accommodated me. This was true in the specialty restaurant breakfast as well as the reserve class restaurant. 

• Like 1

We have also - with 24 hours' notice - requested a Filipino or Indian dinner, and they have been obliging. (Perhaps this is also possible in a regular MDR.)  We had Indian last cruise, and they came up with curried halibut, curried vegetables, roti, and pappadams - we had not requested anything in particular; they had asked if this menu would be OK.  There was more than we could eat!

• Like 1