Summit Shore excursions

Hi, has anyone used one of the non celebrity shore excursion companies?  We are on summit in November and want to dive and there are 0 dive excursions at any of the islands and we need our dive fix...  Its southern Caribbean and i have to imagine that some of the islands have amazing diving. 

thx

Posted (edited)

We cruise frequently with diver friends who have exclusively used private dive companies in Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, and several other southern Caribbean ports of call.  I would suggest just using google for the different ports of call you are interested in.  They will offer dive times to fit morning or afternoon preferences based on your ports of call and are familiar with coordinating departure and return times with ship times.  Unfortunately I don't have any direct dive operators names, which is why I suggested the search.  But our friends dive one or two times, depending on itinerary, with every cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 20165 said:

Hi, has anyone used one of the non celebrity shore excursion companies?  We are on summit in November and want to dive and there are 0 dive excursions at any of the islands and we need our dive fix...  Its southern Caribbean and i have to imagine that some of the islands have amazing diving. 

thx

Our family has done a lot of diving on our various Celebrity cruises.  On Caribbean sailings, we have always independently booked our own dives with local operators with success.  Many cater to cruise passengers.  If you need recommendations on good dive shops, I would check out the Scuba and Snorkeling forum of Cruise Critic.

image.thumb.jpeg.16fd8a3d3d530656dbeab794604b2bd5.jpeg

Hunting Lionfish at Aruba

image.thumb.jpeg.8459b6141af72a7a09bc8bab2edbf384.jpegDiving the Salt Pier at Bonaire

image.thumb.jpeg.acb13fbcd2823ecf8a91f3ad86c58857.jpeg

Sea Urchin at St. Lucia

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Our family has done a lot of diving on our various Celebrity cruises.  On Caribbean sailings, we have always independently booked our own dives with local operators with success.  Many cater to cruise passengers.  If you need recommendations on good dive shops, I would check out the Scuba and Snorkeling forum of Cruise Critic.

image.thumb.jpeg.16fd8a3d3d530656dbeab794604b2bd5.jpeg

Hunting Lionfish at Aruba

image.thumb.jpeg.8459b6141af72a7a09bc8bab2edbf384.jpegDiving the Salt Pier at Bonaire

image.thumb.jpeg.acb13fbcd2823ecf8a91f3ad86c58857.jpeg

Sea Urchin at St. Lucia

Perfect, thank you.  Thats the kind of forum i was looking for.  DIdnt realize one existed on cruise critic.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

We’ve booked diving privately many times. It’s rarely offered as a cruise ship excursion. Do you want suggestions for specific ports?

I posted the same question on the snorkel and scuba board and got this excellent response from OMEINV.  Just an FYI for anyone else looking for their scuba fix in the southern Caribbean. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 20165 said:

I posted the same question on the snorkel and scuba board and got this excellent response from OMEINV.  Just an FYI for anyone else looking for their scuba fix in the southern Caribbean. 

Good to know that you found what you were looking for. Harris’s info is always pretty solid. If you are spending any extra time in Puerto Rico before the cruise, you might have an opportunity there depending on where you stay.