Deposits for booking future Celebrity cruises while in ship

• Honeybadger418 changed the title to Deposits for booking future Celebrity cruises while in ship
21 minutes ago, Honeybadger418 said:

Is the deposit for booking a future cruise while onboard the ship still $100 pp?

Yes... unless you book a Suite and then it is $900 pp

Also if you buy a future booking certificate they have a limited life and are now NON-REFUNDABLE.    You either book within a window or loose your unused deposit.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Also if you buy a future booking certificate they have a limited life and are now NON-REFUNDABLE.    You either book within a window or loose your unused deposit.

Wow when did that change? We have just used certificates for 2 cruises from October last year. Very bad news

I think it changed earlier this year. It did used to be use it within 12 months I think and if you don't it gets refunded, but my last couple have been you have 6 months, and if you don't use it you lose it.  The terms depend on when you received the certificate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We purchased a Future Cruise booking via the Book Later Form last Thursday on board the Reflection.

Above where you had to sign, the rules are stated very clearly.
After filling in your names, etc, it states:

"By signing below, I acknowledge and authorize:

.Celebrity Cruises to create a Book Later reservation with the above specified guests and charge the credit card on file. (Or you give them another card you want to use, which we did)

. To be eligible for On Board Promotion of up to $500 obc, I have 6 MONTHS to pick ship and sailing date." ( with 6 MONTHS bolded and capitalized ).

. After 6 months, I will no longer be able to take advantage of the Onboard offer.

. If I do not pick a ship and sail date within 12 months of submitting this form, my "Book   Later" will expire and I will lose my deposit.

. Unlimited name changes on your new booking are allowed up until you pick your ship and sailing date, after which one name must remain the same."

Also, after the you fill in your name, email, etc, there is a line in very fine print, that says "By default, Future Cruise bookings are assigned to the same travel professional as your current record. If you prefer other wise, check here......". Stating this because I have read a few posters saying that they did not know that they had to stick with the same agent. I believe that the Future Cruise person should point out all this while you are at their desk. But many people just fill out the Book Later form and drop it in, so just be aware of these things before you drop off that form.

As someone mentioned, UK bookings and US bookings may have have different rules. What I posted above was for US bookings.

Edited by Arzeena

On 7/28/2024 at 6:37 PM, Arzeena said:

We purchased a Future Cruise booking via the Book Later Form last Thursday on board the Reflection.

Above where you had to sign, the rules are stated very clearly.
After filling in your names, etc, it states:

"By signing below, I acknowledge and authorize:

.Celebrity Cruises to create a Book Later reservation with the above specified guests and charge the credit card on file. (Or you give them another card you want to use, which we did)

. To be eligible for On Board Promotion of up to $500 obc, I have 6 MONTHS to pick ship and sailing date." ( with 6 MONTHS bolded and capitalized ).

. After 6 months, I will no longer be able to take advantage of the Onboard offer.

. If I do not pick a ship and sail date within 12 months of submitting this form, my "Book   Later" will expire and I will lose my deposit.

. Unlimited name changes on your new booking are allowed up until you pick your ship and sailing date, after which one name must remain the same."

Also, after the you fill in your name, email, etc, there is a line in very fine print, that says "By default, Future Cruise bookings are assigned to the same travel professional as your current record. If you prefer other wise, check here......". Stating this because I have read a few posters saying that they did not know that they had to stick with the same agent. I believe that the Future Cruise person should point out all this while you are at their desk. But many people just fill out the Book Later form and drop it in, so just be aware of these things before you drop off that form.

As someone mentioned, UK bookings and US bookings may have have different rules. What I posted above was for US bookings.

you don't have to stick to the same agent - you can choose a different one it's just that if you don't choose it will automatically go to your current one.

On 7/28/2024 at 11:20 AM, Sussex Cruiser said:

I think it changed earlier this year. It did used to be use it within 12 months I think and if you don't it gets refunded, but my last couple have been you have 6 months, and if you don't use it you lose it.  The terms depend on when you received the certificate.

it used to be:

book within 6 months and you kept all the benefits including the OBC.

After 6 months you just got the benefit of the lower deposit.

After 1 year (or earlier if you asked) 100% refund.

We have just used 4 certificates and although it was after the 6 months our Agent got X to honour the OBC.

On 7/26/2024 at 5:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Jim,

I think this has changed to now it's a percentages of the cruise cost.  We paid a deposit of $2434.00 on our April Solstice booking while onboard the Millennium in May. 

John

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I think this has changed to now it's a percentages of the cruise cost.  We paid a deposit of $2434.00 on our April Solstice booking while onboard the Millennium in May. 

John

Agreed.  Onboard Edge last November, we booked Magic Carpet Sky Suite on B2B Apex for this October and were charged a 10% deposit for each of the 2 cruises.

APAD

On 7/28/2024 at 12:02 AM, the penguins said:

Wow when did that change? We have just used certificates for 2 cruises from October last year. Very bad news

I think they made the change on new purchases around January 1 of this year.    Need to read the fine print at the bottom.   I think the last I saw you have 6 months to get the promo and after that remainder of 6 months you only get face value and after that you loose the $100 pp.

I will never buy another with these terms.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:12 PM, the penguins said:

it used to be:

book within 6 months and you kept all the benefits including the OBC.

After 6 months you just got the benefit of the lower deposit.

After 1 year (or earlier if you asked) 100% refund.

We have just used 4 certificates and although it was after the 6 months our Agent got X to honour the OBC.

Did you buy the certificates within the last year.   The last forms I saw say you loose the deposit if not used within 1 year.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did you buy the certificates within the last year.   The last forms I saw say you loose the deposit if not used within 1 year.

October 2023 on Reflection TA. Bought in $ not £. Like you will never buy them again if X sticks to the new terms.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:28 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Could this possibly be a difference between US and UK terms?

Not sure... I'm so confused with ever changing terms... living in the UK but book in the US.