A34 closed, affecting Iona & Arcadia

Sad news that an accident has closed the A34 Southbound, affecting passengers joining ships in Southampton today. 27-7, 14.45.

Some are reporting elsewhere that they are stuck right behind the crash and the road is not due to open for several hours. 

Firstly, I hope the people involved in the crash are OK. 

Gutted for the passengers involved, we save and look forward so much to these trips, so disappointing. 

Let's hope it all clears quicker than expected and they can enjoy their holiday. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We always travel down the day before Fly or drive too much stress otherwise.

The last time we travelled on the day we lived in Bedford and it was a Caribbean fly cruise and we were going to get up early and get to the airport (Gatwick) and my husband got up (couldn't sleep) and looked out the window and said if you want to go on a cruise you better get up and on our way it was snowing! We just made flight checked in and straight to departure gate there were many passengers caught out some joined at the next port.

Good luck to those effected, Hopefully they will make the cruise

• Like 2

It's why we travel early in the morning before the idiots are on the road.  I don't mind spending time in Southampton centre as I know we have made it and just a question of killing time

• Like 2

We too always travel up the day before a flight or cruise. 

In January, we  were already at the station when all the trains were cancelled due to frozen points. We were travelling up the day before and finally checked into our hotel 10 hours later, instead of the 5 it should have taken.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Harryjacobs said:

It's why we travel early in the morning before the idiots are on the road.  I don't mind spending time in Southampton centre as I know we have made it and just a question of killing time

Trust me they are there you just have not met them .

Going to work one morning ,sat in inside lane as I was turning left, in centre lane was 

a van ,that decided he also wanted my lane and drove into me . We had sat alongside 

each other until the lights turned green for over a minute but he said he forgot /did not 

notice me there .This was 4.45 am !!!!! No one else near us  on the road at that time .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Sad news that an accident has closed the A34 Southbound, affecting passengers joining ships in Southampton today. 27-7, 14.45.

Some are reporting elsewhere that they are stuck right behind the crash and the road is not due to open for several hours. 

Firstly, I hope the people involved in the crash are OK. 

Gutted for the passengers involved, we save and look forward so much to these trips, so disappointing. 

Let's hope it all clears quicker than expected and they can enjoy their holiday. 

Andy 

Thanks for posting Andy, interesting to know what is happening, I also hope all are ok.

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I mentioned this an hour ago Andy and hope first and foremost no serious injuries .

Hope you and Michelle are keeping well too .🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2742831-po-cruisers-what-are-things-like-where-you-are/?do=findComment&comment=67697038

Thanks, I see from your link that it has affected the Newbury by pass area and just to the south of that.  Must admit, I do not normally look at the thread where the link is, so would not have seen it without this thread.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1