Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

12 hours ago, vsbc said:

This is my first ever cruise and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Ok I can’t compare it to other cruise lines or ships. We stayed at the Harbour Hotel the night before and had a relaxed and easy embarkation. 

We had booked an excursion in Cadiz about 15 minutes before the captain announced that we were not going there. I have quite enjoyed the sea days. We enjoyed the two shows we saw in the Bright Lights Society and the Royal Court Theatre.

The food and staff in the Queens Grill have been outstanding. We tried the buffet and it was reasonable. Going to the Steakhouse tomorrow night.

The Grills Terrace has been very busy with most of the sun beds taken at times. After a couple of days we were given lanyards  with grills terrace passes. Yesterday staff asked to see them. I mentioned that the only way to stop people going in who shouldn’t, would be to fit locks. A member of staff said they were on order but didn’t know when they would be fitted.

The only slight annoyance so far is that our cabin is right at the very stern of the ship and my partner smokes. The only smoking area is right at the front of the ship on the top deck. Literally the furthest point away from our cabin.

Had a pleasant afternoon in Barcelona but it was very hot. Glad to be back on the ship. 

So pleased to hear you are enjoying your first cruise but beware you will become hooked especially in the Queens grill we are back on the Queen Anne in November and have also a QG cabin at the aft of the ship and can’t wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

So pleased to hear you are enjoying your first cruise but beware you will become hooked especially in the Queens grill we are back on the Queen Anne in November and have also a QG cabin at the aft of the ship and can’t wait.

We will also be going on 3 November in a Q3 on the stern.

Joined the roll call?

• Like 1

Pretty good day in La Spezia yesterday.  I took the ship’s tour Beautiful Cinque Terra.  They do need to fix the tour description though as it says “private” boat, and I knew it would be on the public ferry system!  A lot of time spent on the (crowded) ferries and not much time in the actual villages!  La Spezia was crazy crowded due to local boat races - sorry don’t remember the name of the festival!  So, so hot though … I would like to come back and see it at a cooler, and perhaps less crowded, time of year! Nice salute to the Queen on leaving with pretty much all the boats, big and small, replying to the Queen’s horn on leaving port … in fact the big cargo ship seemed to get its horn stuck as it went on for a very long time!!!😝

IMG_8761.jpeg

IMG_8764.jpeg

IMG_8786.jpeg

IMG_8789.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Boarding in Civitavecchia was a breeze - just a gentle stroll through the terminal, occasionally showing my boarding pass and passport.

Now lounging on my balcony with a glass of cider, and a load of washing on the go!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

And she meets QV today, bow to bow. Any pics?

Not yet, didn’t take any from the port shuttle … however they mentioned they would be doing a photo op later… presume at departure they will try and line up for arial photos, as that’s what they did when QE and QM were in port together, stay tuned!

• Thanks 1

My thoughts on Annie so far:

Britannia MDR is stunning. Very different from the other ships, but absolutely beautiful. I love a bit of sparkle and shine!

Queens Room is beautiful when you're on the dance floor or looking down from Deck 3 but distinctly underwhelming from the sides on Deck 2.

I was initially unimpressed by the location of the Carinthia lounge - perched next to a staircase - but it's fantastic for both people-watching and sea-watching, and service is great.

Royal Court Theatre doesn't have the wow factor of other ships but is perfectly serviceable, and the padded armrests make up for a lot!

If I'm not careful, I may end up spending all my time in the spa! It doesn't have as much variety as QM2, but those heated beds are very, very hard to move from.

Service has been top-notch. My waiters (Michelle and Jamal) are friendly, cheerful, and perfectly attentive. Sommelier is knowledgeable and helpful. After my very disappointing experience on QM2 in October, where ordered drinks never showed up, and we had to resort to pouring our own wine, it's lovely to see Cunard back on form.

I don't think Annie will overtake QM2 in my affections, and I do wish there was a bit more history on board, but she's absolutely lovely.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

My thoughts on Annie so far:

Britannia MDR is stunning. Very different from the other ships, but absolutely beautiful. I love a bit of sparkle and shine!

Queens Room is beautiful when you're on the dance floor or looking down from Deck 3 but distinctly underwhelming from the sides on Deck 2.

I was initially unimpressed by the location of the Carinthia lounge - perched next to a staircase - but it's fantastic for both people-watching and sea-watching, and service is great.

Royal Court Theatre doesn't have the wow factor of other ships but is perfectly serviceable, and the padded armrests make up for a lot!

If I'm not careful, I may end up spending all my time in the spa! It doesn't have as much variety as QM2, but those heated beds are very, very hard to move from.

Service has been top-notch. My waiters (Michelle and Jamal) are friendly, cheerful, and perfectly attentive. Sommelier is knowledgeable and helpful. After my very disappointing experience on QM2 in October, where ordered drinks never showed up, and we had to resort to pouring our own wine, it's lovely to see Cunard back on form.

I don't think Annie will overtake QM2 in my affections, and I do wish there was a bit more history on board, but she's absolutely lovely.

They weren't back on form on our recent Iceland cruise we ordered wine and he bought the bottle poured a glass and disappeared never to be seen again. We had to search for wine bucket and then had to pour the rest of the wine. Wasn't impressed especially as it wasn't a cheap bottle of wine and the 15% service charge for no service was a joke.

• Like 1

In my part of Britannia I am overrun with sommeliers At least twice a night a different one asks if I OK and what do I need ? I think the service, quality and variety has been excellent.New menus and old

favourites. I have booked onboard for her in December 2025 but suspect once we get into 2025 I will book something earlier.

Still currently ticking all the boxes for me and enjoying myself. Been and signed the book.

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4253.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

I don't think I'm too wrong in saying there are some people that think by admiting they like the ship they're being disloyal to their favourite or replacing it - not the case at all. You can like more than one thing, and like one thing more than another.

Happy to see you're enjoying the ship so far and I hope it continues!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

I don't think I'm too wrong in saying there are some people that think by admiting they like the ship they're being disloyal to their favourite or replacing it - not the case at all. You can like more than one thing, and like one thing more than another.

I think a lot of people also dislike anything new and/or different. Exactly the way a lot of people hated QE2 with her disgusting modern décor when she first entered service!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

Annie and Victoria are both so different from one another and although I'm a QV devotee [I might have mentioned that occasionally] I won't compare the two.

Annie is filling the gap quite nicely for us until Victoria returns home for, hopefully, the '27 summer season. 🙂

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Now in Cartagena, so I’m back online … here’s a few more pics from the sail away… we were kind of late leaving, even after locating the “missing” pax, so not sure if they were just trying to coordinate with QV??

IMG_8822.jpeg

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

Edited by westcoasttech
  • Like 6

It was also a beautiful sunset … I’ve been missing them because of late dinner seating but managed to catch it after sail away… I believe that might be the MSC ship on the horizon as they sailed from port first …

IMG_8827.jpeg

IMG_8834.jpeg

IMG_8836.jpeg

• Like 8