Reserved two cabins but can I switch to three?

My partner booked this cruise first, and he is sharing a cabin with his two teenagers. In the meantime I came along, and I will be sharing a sharing a cabin with my two teenagers.  We would like to see if we can book a 3rd cabin for us (so transferring one passenger from each reservation to a new reservation). In your experience is this possible? 

25 minutes ago, tikkas said:

In your experience is this possible? 

Sure, though realize the existing bookings become for two each which may mean those two bookings may move cabins (to double occupancy cabins from the current triple). 

• Like 1

Currently, you have 1 adult in each cabin, plus 2 teens in each cabin. If you were to book a third cabin for your group, you would need to have an adult booked in each cabin. As you only have 2 adults total in your group, you would not be able to book three cabins. 

Just now, terry&mike said:

Currently, you have 1 adult in each cabin, plus 2 teens in each cabin. If you were to book a third cabin for your group, you would need to have an adult booked in each cabin. As you only have 2 adults total in your group, you would not be able to book three cabins. 

Thanks. One of the teens is 19 (a teen for some more months :))

1 minute ago, tikkas said:

Thanks. One of the teens is 19 (a teen for some more months :))

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Substitute Adult in my post for "person 21 or older". 

5 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Substitute Adult in my post for "person 21 or older". 

Oh. I thought 19 was good because it's above 18.  I forgot that it's different in the US! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Except you're NOT required to have an adult in every cabin, provided the cabin with minors only is next to or across the hall the from adult.  What possibly changes the math on this one is presumably the cabin with two minors would be minors from two families.  

It would be interesting to know if you could do three cabins in a row:

A: Adult + 1 minor

B: 2 minors

C; Adult + 1 minor.

Or, can cabin B be across the hall from A/C?  

@tikkas, call your TA or Royal.  If Royal tells you "no", I'd call back.  If you keep getting the same answer 2-3 times, ok.  But why not ask? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Except you're NOT required to have an adult in every cabin, provided the cabin with minors only is next to or across the hall the from adult.  What possibly changes the math on this one is presumably the cabin with two minors would be minors from two families.  

It would be interesting to know if you could do three cabins in a row:

A: Adult + 1 minor

B: 2 minors

C; Adult + 1 minor.

Or, can cabin B be across the hall from A/C?  

@tikkas, call your TA or Royal.  If Royal tells you "no", I'd call back.  If you keep getting the same answer 2-3 times, ok.  But why not ask? 

I don't think this is the goal of the OP .

I believe it would be 3 in a row looking like this..?

Cabin 1: 2 minors (belonging to Adult 1)

Cabin 2: Adult 1 + Adult 2

Cabin 3: 2 minors (belonging to Adult 2)

...Which I believe from what I've learned on CC can work fine ? Yes ?

Maybe you don't have to add a 3rd cabin?  If 1 of your current cabins can accommodate 4, move the teens to that cabin once you board and then go to guest services and ask for cards to use those rooms.  Then you and your SO can move into the other cabin.

7 minutes ago, Rouque said:

Maybe you don't have to add a 3rd cabin?  If 1 of your current cabins can accommodate 4, move the teens to that cabin once you board and then go to guest services and ask for cards to use those rooms.  Then you and your SO can move into the other cabin.

Unfortunately both cabins can only take 3.  Wondering if upgrading one of our rooms could be a solution.

29 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Remember to it depends on what is available now and also the 3rd cabin will be at current prices.

My agent also said I need to pay a penalty of over 50% to move 1 person from a cabin into a new one.

4 minutes ago, tikkas said:

My agent also said I need to pay a penalty of over 50% to move 1 person from a cabin into a new one.

Are you inside final payment.  This makes no sense otherwise.

1 hour ago, tikkas said:

1 hour ago, tikkas said:

Yes. Cruise is in 25 days’ time.

That is correct.  Since you are now in the 100% penalty phase you will pay a penalty to move 3rd guest out of the cabin.  Honestly at this close to sailing I doubt that you could find 3 cabins that could beet the strict rules regarding the berthing of minor children that is further complicated by you travelling with unrelated children.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 12:12 PM, LobsterStalker said:

I don't think this is the goal of the OP .

I believe it would be 3 in a row looking like this..?

Cabin 1: 2 minors (belonging to Adult 1)

Cabin 2: Adult 1 + Adult 2

Cabin 3: 2 minors (belonging to Adult 2)

...Which I believe from what I've learned on CC can work fine ? Yes ?

Ah, you're probably right.  I would think that should work too.  

7 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

So did you look into a 3rd cabin?

Yes. Doesn’t work.  The penalty my agent wants me to pay for moving one guest out of the existing reservation is more than 50% of the total price I paid.

• Like 1