Refund for pre-paid specialty dining, then upgraded to premiere?

We pre-paid for 2 specialty dining meals back in October, then upgraded to Premiere in April.  Is there a process to get a refund for our payment?  

Thank you! First time on Princess, first time ever buying a package. 

You can try to cancel and rebook under Premier but that might risk losing the time slot. In theory you'd be opening it up and then taking it right back but I wouldn't bet my next paycheck it would work out that simply.  If you really like the time slot you've already got, I wouldn't risk it.

You can call customer service and see if they can do anything. Calls to customer service always have a strong potential to be a headache.

My suggestion is to just go to guest services on board and have them issue it back in OBC.  Takes a couple minutes. I've done this multiple times when I've upgraded to Premier after boarding. Just go middle to late in the week when there's not a long line.

• Like 2

I booked with Premier from the beginning, but when I went to book dining on the app, I was charged for my specialty dinners anyway (apparently it is anyone's guess whether the app will behave like it should and not charge for 2 dinners).  I did the online chat (easier than calling) and was told that I would have to wait until I got onboard and go to guest services to get the refund.  They were unclear whether it would be an actual refund or OBC.  That makes me suspect that the procedure would be similar if you upgrade to Premier.  

10 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

I booked with Premier from the beginning, but when I went to book dining on the app, I was charged for my specialty dinners anyway (apparently it is anyone's guess whether the app will behave like it should and not charge for 2 dinners).  I did the online chat (easier than calling) and was told that I would have to wait until I got onboard and go to guest services to get the refund.  They were unclear whether it would be an actual refund or OBC.  That makes me suspect that the procedure would be similar if you upgrade to Premier.  

#ustoo - booked Premier, before final, booked 2 specialtys we wanted, paid with card, will deal with OBC once onboard - better be refundable

blah, blah, blah - we've never / always / meh

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Confused?

Can't you go on line and cancel the specialty d ining?

I woulnd't do that because you may not be able to get that reservation with the time you wanted.  Go to guest services and ask them to adjust your folio for the amount you paid.

• Like 1

I did think about cancelling and rescheduling, but didn't want to take the chance.  Maybe OBC won't be so bad - we can get another excursion or another specialty dining. I'd really rather have a refund so we'll see. CS has been messy for us. 

13 hours ago, DebbieD28 said:

I did think about cancelling and rescheduling, but didn't want to take the chance.  Maybe OBC won't be so bad - we can get another excursion or another specialty dining. I'd really rather have a refund so we'll see. CS has been messy for us. 

The OBC's refundable so if you don't spend it you'll get it refunded at the end of your cruise.  I would confirm with the agent at the guest services desk but it's been refundable both times I've done it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 2:40 PM, DebbieD28 said:

We pre-paid for 2 specialty dining meals back in October, then upgraded to Premiere in April.  Is there a process to get a refund for our payment?  

Thank you! First time on Princess, first time ever buying a package. 

We did the same thing for our upcoming Alaska cruise.  Called in and was told that we could do the cancel and rebook thing but may lose time slot, which is important to us and why we booked early.  They said best to just wait till we get on board, have guest services confirm our Premier status and get the refund there.  Couldn't say if it would go back to credit card or if OBC, but doesn't matter much to us just so we get it back.

On 7/31/2024 at 9:59 AM, PMGS247 said:

The OBC's refundable so if you don't spend it you'll get it refunded at the end of your cruise.  I would confirm with the agent at the guest services desk but it's been refundable both times I've done it.

@DebbieD28...note that if you do go this route, your refund will come 3 or 4 weeks after the cruise in an envelope from Bottomline Technologies.  The way that the envelopes *used* to appear made them look like it might be trash mail.  Many a person (in the past) has thrown that letter (check) away and then wondered/complained that they never got their refund.  I just recently got a refund via this method and they have now added "Princess Cruises" to be visible in the envelope window.  Point being...just be careful what you toss out from your mailbox!