Is it me or the website that is going wacky

Ever since they came out with Alaska 2026, I'm having the hardest time trying to get into the site.  (Please note that I was able to book my trip during a brief window of opportunity).  I am Gold, so I am able to get in and see prices.

Anyway, if and when during those rare opportunities to get in, 9 times out of 10 when I get to the part where I want to select my actual room, the "Oh, sorry sweetheart, we're having technical difficulties"..page comes up.  Ugh.  I know it's probably going to get worse when the general public can book.  The reason why I''m doing this is because I may want to switch my date or the land tour.

Is this happening to others?  By the way, I "cleared my cache"....oh boy what a pain that was getting back into my accounts....ugh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No, it’s not just you!  It’s wacky a lot of the time.  Others have complained.

You can try again. If you have a CVP or TA, ask them for help.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again.

It didn’t call me “Sweetheart “ though.  🤪

Edited by PacnGoNow

18 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

By the way, I "cleared my cache"....oh boy what a pain that was getting back into my accounts....ugh.

Not for nothing, but the "clear your cache" advice is wisely ignored in 99.9% of cases. As soon as I see it suggested I skip it and move on to the next troubleshooting step. People that suggest it probably have no idea what they're talking about and are simply regurgitating what they've read elsewhere once upon a time.

Shift-Reload accomplishes the same thing without blowing out the cache and is equally ineffective in resolving issues server-side, which princess.com's issues most assuredly are.

If you hold down the SHIFT key while refreshing a page (e.g. type CMD-SHIFT-R or hold SHIFT when clicking the Refresh button in the tool-bar), it will tell the browser to ignore cached content when reloading the page.

Sometimes a website will update client side scripting (JavaScript) and your browser may not load the new JS. In cases like that shift-reload will typically do the trick.

• Thanks 1

I've had difficulty getting on to the website also.  This has been going on for at least 2 weeks.

Trying to book a cruise and right up to choosing cabin it notifies me to try again later.

Not sure if this applies to all PVP's but mine was unable to book a cabin and said she would keep trying.  I wonder how many customers they will lose over this.

I haven't been able to manage our cruise for over a week. Keep getting this.

we're having technical difficulties

We apologize for any inconvenience and will be back shortly

5 hours ago, Grandpart said:

I haven't been able to manage our cruise for over a week. Keep getting this.

we're having technical difficulties

We apologize for any inconvenience and will be back shortly

I get this a lot too.  So annoying.  I don't find Princess' website very user friendly.  Sometimes after logging in I have to enter all my information again.

On another note, after booking our cruise, I made a change and they gave me a new booking number. After that I always got an error saying I wasn't connected to that booking.  I finally got into it on the app, but still can't get into my booking on the website.  And I thought I booked a dining reservation and can't find anywhere to confirm that.   I'm usually pretty savvy on these things, but this trip next week has me fit to be tied!!

August 10, 2024

Discovery Princess

1 hour ago, fpfryer said:

I get this a lot too.  So annoying.  I don't find Princess' website very user friendly.  Sometimes after logging in I have to enter all my information again.

On another note, after booking our cruise, I made a change and they gave me a new booking number. After that I always got an error saying I wasn't connected to that booking.  I finally got into it on the app, but still can't get into my booking on the website.  And I thought I booked a dining reservation and can't find anywhere to confirm that.   I'm usually pretty savvy on these things, but this trip next week has me fit to be tied!!

August 10, 2024

Discovery Princess

The app has been glitching for quite some time.  Our medallions were ordered to be shipped to our residence in May and we were "green lane".  Our cruise is coming up really soon and suddenly app says they were not ordered and we need to pick them up at the port.  I have spent countless hours/phone calls trying to get one problem after another fixed.  Lo and behold medallions arrive today through FedEx Singapore but app stills says to pick them up at the port.  Cabin number on our cruise/boarding pass is incorrect as well.  Hope you get your problems straightened out.

• Like 1