Three adults in a Room

My son, my wife and I  have booked a Mediterranean Cruise, this March, on Nieuw Statendam.  We had decided to upgrade to a Vista Class Suite.  However, we are also considering an additional upgrade to a Signature Suite, although we do realize that this would be more expensive.

Our question is would the Signature Suite be more conformable? 

We have looked at the layout of both types of suites, and it appears that there is  a separate area for the third person in the smaller Vista Suite.

We would appreciate any help and suggestions.     

The vista suite isn't all that different from a regular verandah except the couch/desk area and bed are reversed. 

The signature suite is bigger.

How old is your son?  I've been in a triple with 3 adults.  The pull out isn't the best and when it's out it is difficult to maneuver around the room.  A young person would probably not have an issue.

If I could - I'd always go for the bigger room, but realistically, my wallet doesn't always allow that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Oh definitely, take the signature suite!! The Vista "suite" is just a fancy name for a regular balcony cabin - no, there is no "separate area" - I'm not sure what you are seeing in the photos.  Very tight for three adults.  If your budget can handle, you will be SO glad you upgraded to the SS!!!

Edited by Moriah
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, albingirl said:

Every time I read about more than 2 adults in a room, I am reminded that there are people more patient and tolerant than me.  Every single time.

Yep - you won't find me doing it either.  Life's too short. Two in a stateroom (when hubby cruises) is bad enough!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We did it on the Koningsdam to Alaska with my 18 year old daughter. I would not recommend it. I couldn't see any advantage over a regular balcony cabin. It was almost impossible to squeeze past her bed to go to the bathroom. I still have regrets over choosing that room.

8 hours ago, albingirl said:

Every time I read about more than 2 adults in a room, I am reminded that there are people more patient and tolerant than me.  Every single time.

I'm not sure about patient.🤣.

There's a reason why 3rd and 4th people are usually free.

I did a Signature Suite on the Koningsdam with my parents and will do so again next year on the Rotterdam. We found it excellent for 3 adults. I thought the murphy bed was comfortable, and it's nice that it's kind of a separate room than the main bed so you have some privacy. We felt we had plenty of room. The only negative was having to share a bathroom, but it was fine.