Uber - Port Canaveral

fwman

How easy is it to get an Uber from Port Canaveral to MCO on a Friday morning after disembarking Utopia. I have a noon flight so I want to make sure I have enough time to make the flight. Thanks!

You might opt to book a private transfer. Many to choose from but we were very happy with Cruise Control. They picked us up at 8:00am and we were at MCO in more than enough time for our noon flight.

888 416-8830

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 8:15 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Depends on number of people and amount of luggage.  Rideshares will cancel if your stuff will not fit

Agreed...I tried to get an Uber xl for 6 (6 carry ons) and even though it said 5 minutes away, both were 30 mins away.   The second ride when I texted them to see if indeed they could fit 6 plus luggage, said he could only do 4.  He told me to cancel and I got charged (but complained to Uber for misrepresentation and then waived the fee).

unlike many other cruise ports, Port Canaveral is in a small town. YES we have UBER drivers .... not as many as ports like Miami where the port is in a 'big' city.

I suggest going to the port web site and looking at how many ships will be turning around on 'your day' .... This makes a BIG difference https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

18 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

unlike many other cruise ports, Port Canaveral is in a small town. YES we have UBER drivers .... not as many as ports like Miami where the port is in a 'big' city.

I suggest going to the port web site and looking at how many ships will be turning around on 'your day' .... This makes a BIG difference https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2024 at 5:40 PM, Capt_BJ said:

As a private driver and Uber/Lyft driver this information is not correct. On ship days there is plenty of Uber drivers in the port area. Lots of drivers come in early from the Orlando area and basically invade the port area and the hotel strip area. I live locally near the port and will tell anyone that if you have a flight before noon at MCO just be off the boat and ready to leave around 7:15 and you will make your flight. I have driven lots of folks with early flights, just dont rely on a shuttle service that needs to fill the bus or van before heading out.

3 hours ago, Stingray64 said:

As a private driver and Uber/Lyft driver this information is not correct. On ship days there is plenty of Uber drivers in the port area. Lots of drivers come in early from the Orlando area and basically invade the port area and the hotel strip area. I live locally near the port and will tell anyone that if you have a flight before noon at MCO just be off the boat and ready to leave around 7:15 and you will make your flight. I have driven lots of folks with early flights, just dont rely on a shuttle service that needs to fill the bus or van before heading out.

What is the usual fare?