The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 3rd, 2024

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Has anyone been collecting the HAL port pins-before they discontinued them? I have a few duplicates if anyone is interested. Included is an orange oval pin that says Holland America in white script.

I have several- would you share a picture of what you have? If I don't have them, I would love one of them.

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Like 9

Rodents are pesky critters for sure!

We learned that they can get into even the tightest of spaces, they are able to collapse their skulls to fit and they will eat just about anything!

You definitely do not want them setting up shop anywhere in your living quarters because the populate like rabbits and you will never get rid of them.

Best of luck...one must be VERY careful what they use to rid rodents and may of those items are harmful to humans and our pets.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I have several- would you share a picture of what you have? If I don't have them, I would love one of them.

My extras include Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, South America, Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Caribbean plus the oval orange one that says Holland America Line.

• Like 7

Thanks for the tip. We'll look for some. The dog food bin cost almost $200!! I want those pests gone 😫 

The chirpers are safe for pets. I think they’re in the $20 range.  They must be powered, DH wired an outlet into the crawlspace to replace the extension cord we used at first to convince ourselves they would do what we needed. Very nasty critters, and where we were they carried hanta virus!  Good luck to you!  m—

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip. We'll look for some. The dog food bin cost almost $200!! I want those pests gone 😫 

I hear you!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  It was 106 today and the humidity is now 31%. I had to run to the store and buy DGD a Birthday cake for tomorrow. She is turning 17. That happened fast. We are taking her out for lunch, she loves the mozzarella sticks at BJ’s so we are going there. I’m hoping they have prime rib available. 

I have done ribs in the crockpot but they tend to fall off the bone too much and prefer them in the oven or on the grill. 

I have really been enjoying watching the Olympics, lots of exciting races. 

Thinking about everyone with health problems, especially Chuck.   Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

The chirpers are safe for pets. I think they’re in the $20 range.  They must be powered, DH wired an outlet into the crawlspace to replace the extension cord we used at first to convince ourselves they would do what we needed. Very nasty critters, and where we were they carried hanta virus!  Good luck to you!  m—

Ordered one for $26 from the A->Z place; it will be here tomorrow so by this time tomorrow night, it will be flashing & signaling in the attic.

Ordered a package of the small ones that plug in like air fresheners; they'll be here Mon.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Ordered one for $26 from the A->Z place; it will be here tomorrow so by this time tomorrow night, it will be flashing & signaling in the attic.

Ordered a package of the small ones that plug in like air fresheners; they'll be here Mon.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Please report back on the success, or lack, of the items.  I think we all want to know what works.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Please report back on the success, or lack, of the items.  I think we all want to know what works.

Gladly will. It's not here yet, but due anytime.

I think what's going to bother me (and probably the cat) a bit 🤔is every site I read, said the first week or 2 will have increased activity as the critters scramble to get away from the transmissions. I do not enjoy the gnawing & scraping sounds🫣

• Like 3

16 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

My extras include Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, South America, Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Caribbean plus the oval orange one that says Holland America Line.

I would like the Northern Europe and the oval orange HAL one. Just let me know what you want for them. My email is TElizKing at yahoo dot com. Thanks so much ☺️

• Like 2

• LauraS locked this topic