High Speed Internet with Experience More Package?

tgg

The Experience More Package is included with our booking. Does anyone know if the higher speed internet service is part of this or will there be an extra charge?

Posted (edited)

When we were aboard the Journey in March our Experience More package provided the high-speed internet.  They had originally gave us the regular, I spoke to Guest Relations stating I thought we were to get the high speed, she immediately switched us.  She stated that high speed was included with the Experience More package.

EXPERIENCE MORE ESSENTIALS EXPERIENCE MORE ENJOYMENT EXPERIENCE MORE INDULGENCE
Save 29%*  Save 29%* 

Save 28%* 

Save 32%* 

Save 34%*  
$200 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

$350 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

$300 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit  $500 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit  $700 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

Unlimited WiFi Plus for one device 

•  Unlimited WiFi Plus for one device

Unlimited WiFi Plus for two devices

Ultimate Beverage Package for two Ultimate Beverage Package for one Premium Beverage Package for two Premium Beverage Package for two Ultimate Beverage Pacakge for two

$100 Onboard Spa credit

$150 Onboard Spa credit   $200 Onboard Spa credit $250 Onboard Spa credit
One bag of laundry during the voyage Three bags of laundry during the voyage     Five bags of laundry during the voyage
Chef's Table or Three Table Tour Chef's Table or Three Table Tour

Edited by Work in to Cruise 2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

When we were aboard the Journey in March our Experience More package provided the high-speed internet.  They had originally gave us the regular, I spoke to Guest Relations stating I thought we were to get the high speed, she immediately switched us.  She stated that high speed was included with the Experience More package.

EXPERIENCE MORE ESSENTIALS EXPERIENCE MORE ENJOYMENT EXPERIENCE MORE INDULGENCE
Save 29%*  Save 29%* 

Save 28%* 

Save 32%* 

Save 34%*  
$200 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

$350 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

$300 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit  $500 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit  $700 Shore Excursions Onboard Credit 

•  Unlimited WiFi Plus for one device

Ultimate Beverage Package for two Ultimate Beverage Package for one Premium Beverage Package for two Premium Beverage Package for two Ultimate Beverage Pacakge for two

$100 Onboard Spa credit

$150 Onboard Spa credit   $200 Onboard Spa credit $250 Onboard Spa credit
One bag of laundry during the voyage Three bags of laundry during the voyage     Five bags of laundry during the voyage
Chef's Table or Three Table Tour Chef's Table or Three Table Tour

It says unlimited wifi for 1 device.  Is this one device per person, or one device per cabin?  It’s worded differently than the beverage package.

Edited by 81Zoomie

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

It says unlimited wifi for 1 device.  Is this one device per person, or one device per cabin?  It’s worded differently than the beverage package.

It's one per cabin.

9 hours ago, tgg said:

It's one per cabin.

Well that is very disappointing.  Last time we sailed AZ the included internet was pretty much worthless and we had to upgrade just to send pics to family or read the news.  Hopefully they have upgraded to Starlink.

2 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

Well that is very disappointing.  Last time we sailed AZ the included internet was pretty much worthless and we had to upgrade just to send pics to family or read the news.  Hopefully they have upgraded to Starlink.

They have switched to Starlink, but severely restrict your speed with any of the standard Internet offerings.

We were on the Quest in February and they claimed the internet on the experience more package was the normal internet so we had to pay to upgrade.

33 minutes ago, JDraai said:

We were on the Quest in February and they claimed the internet on the experience more package was the normal internet so we had to pay to upgrade.

I’m sure the wording on the Experience More packages used to say ‘Premium Wifi’, but now it just says Wifi!

37 minutes ago, JDraai said:

We were on Quest in March and when I questioned which internet was with the Experience More package it was immediately upgraded to the faster speed.

15 minutes ago, Riocca said:

We were on Quest in March and when I questioned which internet was with the Experience More package it was immediately upgraded to the faster speed.

I don’t know what to say as we questioned as well.  Maybe we just were unlucky.

They are all over the place.  The Ts&Cs for the current summer sail say(my emphasis) ...

"2. Eligible Bookings will receive 1 free “Essentials” package per booking. “Essentials” package includes; $300 Shore Excursion Onboard Credit, Unlimited Wi-Fi for one device, and Premium Beverage Package for two. All guests must be named, and a full deposit must be made prior to the end of the Offer Period." [i.e. no "Plus"]

image.png.a56c15953962ae8ff38100e5359dc6f8.png

On Onward in April the experience more package included the wifi upgrade.

As an aside, the loyalty discount for wifi could not be applied to the upgrade element.

Although the wifi can only be used on one device at a time it is possible to hotspot so that it can be shared by multiple devices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2