Hotel Recommendations in Bergen.

I’m not having much luck finding a hotel in Bergen. Clean/quiet-ish. Does not have to be especially near port or airport. We are fine figuring out transportation.  Convenient to train station would be a plus. Thanks!

I stayed at Hotel No. 13, a little boutique hotel that I liked.  I walked there to and from the train station.  About a 10 minute walk.  Could have been shorter if I would have ridden the tram 1/2 way.  I also walked from the hotel to the Hurtigruten/Havila terminal, if that’s where you are headed.  All of the central area is walkable too. 

• Like 1

There are two hotels across the street from the train station.  The Zander K and the Grand Hotel Terminus.  The Zander K is modern and the Grand Hotel is more of a historic kind of place.  We've stayed at the Zander K a couple of times.  We were able to leave our luggage with them after we checked out and took one night trip to Flam.  Large free breakfast.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

last trip, we flew in and were boarding Viking Ocean .. stayed at Radisson Blu which is walking distance to the terminal VO uses and on the west end of the main tourist water front. VO was clearly using their hotel as one of their 'pre and post extension' locations. The last stop for the shuttle from the airport is at the front door!  On an earlier visit, post cruise we used Bergen Harbor Hotel which is near the funicular station and the fish market ....  https://bergenharbourhotel.no/hotellet/ ... much smaller then Rad'image.thumb.png.23fcb22f94b375da25ee3730031c5132.png

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We like the hotel across from the Radisson Blu. The Havenkontoret… very Norwegian, lovely service and the price included full breakfast, afternoon tea and waffles and a nice dinner buffet. It’s on the Bryggen and a Very short walk to Viking dock. Walkable to train station but maybe 15-20 minutes. Right by the Hanseatic museum where the lovely walking tours begin.