RETREAT ?

Hello,

We always travel aqua class on 8 night cruises but we decided to get the Aqua Class Suite 6 night cruise.  We have a few questions if you don't mind.

1-  Are we able to ask for a lounge chair and a higher table for the outside balcony so it is easier to eat breakfast on?

2-  We do not care for some menu's in Luminae, we know we are also able to dine in Blu and are later eaters but does Luminae serve items from the Blu menu?  Does Luminae offer Caesar salad and French onion soup?  Are we able to get ice cream in Luminae?

3-  I noticed there is no lobster tails served on our six night cruise, did they take away lobster on less than 7 night cruises?

4-  During days in port, does the Retreat Bar stay open?

Thank you.

1-  Are we able to ask for a lounge chair and a higher table for the outside balcony so it is easier to eat breakfast on?

Recently it has been reported that his is no longer and option .

2-  We do not care for some menu's in Luminae, we know we are also able to dine in Blu and are later eaters but does Luminae serve items from the Blu menu?  Does Luminae offer Caesar salad and French onion soup?  Are we able to get ice cream in Luminae?

YOu didn't indicate which ship you will be on.    E-Class more restricted but generally you can order from MDR menu and the MD may allow ordering from BLU with 24 hour noitce.   Lumina has all the Classic menu items including Ceasar Salad and French Onion Soup.   Yes they have Ice Cream but is limited to Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and what flavor may be used on other deserts that evening.

3-  I noticed there is no lobster tails served on our six night cruise, did they take away lobster on less than 7 night cruises?

That has been reported on less than 7 night cruises.

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recently it has been reported that his is no longer and option .

YOu didn't indicate which ship you will be on.    E-Class more restricted but generally you can order from MDR menu and the MD may allow ordering from BLU with 24 hour noitce.   Lumina has all the Classic menu items including Ceasar Salad and French Onion Soup.   Yes they have Ice Cream but is limited to Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and what flavor may be used on other deserts that evening.

That has been reported on less than 7 night cruises.

Yes

Yikes, I did forget, we will be on the Beyond.

A very few people in another thread said they could get a lounger but I haven’t seen talk about a different table.  I don’t mean ships that still have one but asking for one where they were taken away.  And I’ve only seen maybe one or two people get one.  But you know what they say if you don’t ask you don’t get.  If I really wanted one I’d give the room attendant $10 or $20.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I cannot answer for Beyond. Have never sailed on her.

You can order French Onion Soup and or Caesar's salad in Luminae.  Both dishes are on the Luminae Everyday menu item list.  

You can also order off the MDR menu as well. And with advance notice you may be able to order off the Blu menu and have your food in Luminae. 

You can have ice cream for dessert even if it is not on the menu.   I have even gotten gelato that was not on the menu.

It seems that they may have.  I only do longer cruises and have never been on anything less than 7 nights. 

Yes, the bar in the Retreat and on the Retreat sundeck, if your ship has one, is open when in port.  Luminae, however, is closed for lunch when the ship is in port. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

The balcony on the Sky Suites is not very deep and the chairs are of a height for the small low table on the balcony.  Doubt you can get a different table, chairs or lounger. 

When we were on the Beyond we could not get items from Blu but they will assist you in getting seated in Blu. 

The everyday classic from the MDR are available in Luminae everyday, it is just the rotating items and MDR exclusives that are hard.  Luminae is on deck 16 forward while the MDRs and Blu are on decks 3, 4 &5 aft.  It takes a server some time to get from Luminae down to the other kitchens and return with a dish leaving others wondering where their server is. 

• Like 1