NCL Breakaway "Ocean Blue" Specialty Restaurant

1 hour ago, MAZ-JMZ said:

What are the best entree choices?  Is the Cioppino worth considering?

We just got off the Breakaway a few days ago.  While we didn't try it, a friend said the Cioppino was good. 

Enjoy your cruise 😎

3 hours ago, MAZ-JMZ said:

The best entree choices are going to be the ones you like.  Not everyone has the same tastes so people on an internet forum cannot tell you what is best. My travel companion always gets the filet in Ocean Blue because that is the best entree for him, while I prefer the salmon. We both get different apps and desserts. I don't care for Cioppino so cannot tell you if it is worth considering or not. 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

Oceans Blue has always been our favorite specialty restaurant.   I see on some ships, they are converting it to Palomar, which is fabulous.  So much so that on the Prima we cancelled one of our other specialty dinners to have a second trip to Palomar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MAZ-JMZ said:

We have had the Cioppino several times and were disappointed. I guess that it is, in some respect, not how I would cook it at home. 

Escape 2023

image.png.9b5b00277922deb9c6fb145aae3ce71c.png

5 hours ago, MAZ-JMZ said:

Is the whole lobster taken out of the shell or is it a do-it-yourself kind of thing?

It’s been a while since I had a whole lobster on an NCL ship, but as I recall it was served with the shell split open but with the meat still in the shell.  You had to dig it out.  Things may be different now.

Even though it's billed as a seafood restaurant, the filet is excellent. I've also enjoyed the lobster, steamed vs grilled (and it's in the shell for the person who asked above). Blazing shrimp is delicious as is the cauliflower steak. I used to love the seafood linguini but that has been removed from the menu as has the shrimp cocktail.

11 hours ago, ryarger said:

My favorite at Ocean Blue is the sea bass with either the Matre’d Butter or Lemon Butter sauce.

A well prepared sea bass is amazing.

Concur about the sea bass.  It's quite good and my "go to"!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

The best entree choices are going to be the ones you like.  Not everyone has the same tastes so people on an internet forum cannot tell you what is best.

Exactly.

This is on a par with people asking, "Is ________ worth it?"

What's worth it to you may not be worth it to me. Everyone's "worth it" is different.

• Like 2