Upgrade

10 minutes ago, Holly123red said:

Hi is it worth trying to upgrade from deluxe balcony to premium balcony to upgrade is from 170 pound

I don't consider this an upgrade. Deluxe gives you a larger cabin with a loveseat. Premium gives you a bigger balcony. I personally enjoy extra cabin space, and a place to sit.

A Premium Deluxe cabin would be an upgrade, increasing the size of both. Then, compare that to the cost of an upgrade to a mini suite.

12 minutes ago, Holly123red said:

Sky princess

So a deluxe balcony on the Sky Princess will have a couch. Are you looking at a Premium Balcony or a Premium Deluxe Balcony? The deluxe or not has to do with the existence of a couch and more cabin square footage. Premium or not has to do with the size of the actual outdoor balcony space. So a Premium Deluxe Balcony would be an upgrade for you with a larger outdoor balcony. A Premium Balcony might be a downgrade, as you would lose the couch and interior space.

"Upgrading" from a Deluxe Balcony to a Premium balcony would mean you'd be changing from a cabin with a small 2 seater sofa area (Deluxe) to a standard balcony with no sofa or additional seating at all - but I'm a "better" location (Premium balcony)

Deluxe Balcony cabins are larger than balcony cabins, even the Premium balcony cabins..  premium just refers to location...

Personally, nope, not at all would I do that bid..

Posted (edited)

Check out the deckplans.  Can also look at cruisedeckplans.

You have a deluxe balcony...  That is a slightly larger room with a small two-seat 'loveseat'.

An upgrade would be to a deluxe  premium balcony that also has a larger exterior balcony.

Look at Deck 9 on the deckplans.

Everything is subjective.   I feel that the balconies on these Royal Class ships are way too small, and I like my balcony space.  So, for me, I would consider it.

I also believe a 'Premium Deluxe Balcony should have an actual small table, not just the little footstool side-table.   I love that as well.  ( I am not sure if every one will have this, but seems like they should have the real dining height table.

Edited by Wishing on a star

25 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Check out the deckplans.  Can also look at cruisedeckplans.

You have a deluxe balcony...  That is a slightly larger room with a small two-seat 'loveseat'.

An upgrade would be to a deluxe  premium balcony that also has a larger exterior balcony.

Look at Deck 9 on the deckplans.

Everything is subjective.   I feel that the balconies on these Royal Class ships are way too small, and I like my balcony space.  So, for me, I would consider it.

I also believe a 'Premium Deluxe Balcony should have an actual small table, not just the little footstool side-table.   I love that as well.  ( I am not sure if every one will have this, but seems like they should have the real dining height table.

Couldn’t an upgrade also include a premium balcony as others have said? 

some of the premium balconies and premium deluxe balconies are way forward. That would turn me off an upgrade. 

If Holly already has a Deluxe Balcony, then any upgrade would start with a Premium Deluxe.

Yes, of course, if before final payment, one could change a Deluxe Balcony for a Standard Balcony with a larger exterior balcony.   But, that should not be an 'upgrade'.