Adventure of the Seas Upgrades fall 2024?

Royal just announced lots of improvements and upgrades 2025 to Allure of the Seas while in Europe. 

Just wondering what if any work is planned for Adventure of the Seas this October/November 3 week time in Europe. I havent seen any formal announcements. Any guesses? 

I am sailing on return to Florida from Barcelona,  November 24th and curious if passengers will be able to notice any improvements.😑😁

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gorda said:

Thanks Smokey, figured that was why nothing has been mentioned.

Not a ship class with which they are likely to invest too much, if any, modernization dollars. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

16 hours ago, gorda said:

Royal just announced lots of improvements and upgrades 2025 to Allure of the Seas while in Europe. 

Just wondering what if any work is planned for Adventure of the Seas this October/November 3 week time in Europe. I havent seen any formal announcements. Any guesses? 

I am sailing on return to Florida from Barcelona,  November 24th and curious if passengers will be able to notice any improvements.😑😁

They are just barely keeping her alive - she is old.....

13 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They absolutely are - actually they are already in hospice....

There are a lot of older things in life that are well maintained and still serve us well.  Including older cruise ships.  Some of these older ships reflect a different cruising style and options with itineraries than the newer behemoths that many people find enjoyable.  A little something for everyone......

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Adventure is only a few months newer than Radiance class.

You are correct and I am aware.  Just making a generalization to the poster. More accurately my referral should have been just to Vison class ships as Voyager and Radiance class ships launches spanned the same general timeframe.  But they should be included relevant to their comment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I am just happy to be doing this transatlantic. At 81 years old I know what its like to need 

scheduled dry dock now and again😁😋 , but like the Vision class just keep traveling LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not a ship class with which they are likely to invest too much, if any, modernization dollars. 

They did spend quite a bit of money upgrading Mariner and Navigator. Prior to COVID I heard more than once from crew staff/officers that RCI was planning to upgrade the other three Voyager class ships. However, I have not heard anything recently concerning upgrading these ships. 

I would think Liberty would be the next ship to receive a significant upgrade, if RCI is going to upgrade another ship after Allure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would think Liberty would be the next ship to receive a significant upgrade, if RCI is going to upgrade another ship after Allure. 

But they may need to do a significant "upgrade" from [Jason] Liberty first.  😄

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Adventure is only a few months newer than Radiance class.

Adventure 2001 ... Jewel of the Seas 2004

19 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They won't - this class of ships is on the way out now....too old!

I just sailed Voyager of the Seas this past May... Voyager's 1st sailing was 1999, so she's 25 years old this coming November. I think Voyager Class may be around longer than we think.

Voyager is beautiful! Excellent condition, and without what I consider the dated "NCL like" lime & coconut motifs that will be outdated in a few years. She has all the classic colouring and feel on the pool deck, the lounges look brand new, just gorgeous. Voyager Class has the Promenade, lots of balconies & suites, ice rink, slides, entertainment, Flowrider, Specialty Dining, etc etc... most everything that RCL "sells" to the public as a RCL ship.

Vision & Radiance Class do not.

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

Maintaining her will be very expensive! Drydock every 2,5 years etc.

She's likely paid for... no debt. $97 million amp in 2019 to get her to where she is today.

Vision Class ships also still make good money because zero debt & zero capital cost depreciation.

I guess Oasis of the Seas should be sold or scrapped in 5 years when she's 20 years old!😉

• Haha 1

I've been on Mariner and Adventure in the past year.  Adventure was in great shape.  As nice as Mariner minus the Amplifications obviously.  If I remember right, Adventure and Allure were both scheduled for the Royal Amplification before Covid hit.

• Like 1

I'm looking at an Adventure itinerary in 2025. Pardon my ignorance regarding dry docks, but if she has no sailings from Oct. 25th to Dec. 7th, is one month a bit long for an oil change and tire rotation? Or is that pretty standard?

image.png.e9ce72002bfb48a1657e855c7028894a.png

2 minutes ago, WhiskeyMikeDelta said:

I didn't know if the dry dock would be in The Bahamas.

Ever since the crane collapse onto Oasis many years ago, the bigger ships have usually gone to Europe for their dry dock. RCI and the Bahamas facility is working on a dry dock to accommodate bigger ships but it’s unknown when that will be ready.