Wi-fi - basic

Lolou127

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

You can survive a week without Facebook.. 😉

This is a fact.  I have survived my whole life without it and I will continue to do so.  

13 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Facebook worked 85% of the time - just occasionally was slow to load. But these days every time I go on there it has a lot of videos which would be why it struggled.

This site had the biggest issue. Maybe they just didn't want me on here lol

This site worked much better on land and sea when they had an APP. I guess it was too expensive to maintain it.

On 8/11/2024 at 4:24 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I just want to send a text message to check on things at home or post to Social Media. Am I good with the basic package? We have iPhones. Will iMessage work?

I was able to use iMessage on my last cruise even though I didn't have any Internet package. I was on a port intensive West Coast repositioning cruise and planned to just use cellular service while in port.  I suspect that the shipboard IT personnel had misconfigured the firewall and allowed traffic to pass on ports other than 80.  I wouldn't count on having that access in the future. That said I was able to send and receive iMessage texts without delay.

7 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I was able to use iMessage on my last cruise even though I didn't have any Internet package. I was on a port intensive West Coast repositioning cruise and planned to just use cellular service while in port.  I suspect that the shipboard IT personnel had misconfigured the firewall and allowed traffic to pass on ports other than 80.  I wouldn't count on having that access in the future. That said I was able to send and receive iMessage texts without delay.

I think a dirty little secret is Celebrity allows iMessaging for the crew as I have been able to send an iMessage onboard at sea despite not having a wifi package.  Not sure this works all the time but it certainly works some of the time (of course Celebrity would never spill the beans and be transparent about it as Wi-Fi is certainly a profit center for them). 

9 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

The same thing happened to us on the Summit years ago. However it only worked for iPhones. It didn't work for one of our friends who had an android. 

Just a quick question. We have Elite Status and was wondering as part of the perks do we get a certain amount of internet minutes?

I swore on our last cruise we got some internet time. Does anyone have a better memory me?

Looking for help.

55 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Just a quick question. We have Elite Status and was wondering as part of the perks do we get a certain amount of internet minutes?

I swore on our last cruise we got some internet time. Does anyone have a better memory me?

Looking for help.

90 free minutes

9 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I thought so but wasn’t sure..

Thanks so much. 
Im guessing that’s per room correct? Not each cruise guest?

Per elite member and you can transfer and combine if you choose.  We took one unlimited wifi package and I used all 180 minutes on my phone until I exhausted them and then we just switched off devices on the unlimited package