Pillow size on Celebrity Solstice

stvntra

Okay, I know this sounds like a really dumb question (and given, it probably is), but I've never had a King size bed on a cruise ship before so here it goes.... am I right to "assume" that the size of the pillows on the King bed are actually King size as well, or are they Queens? I have looked the cabin number up on their website, as well as Google and none of the photos show a good clear photo of them.  Also, are they down or hard, etc.? Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

On the Beyond now and the pillows are not king size

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if that would be the case or not.  Have fun! 🙂

Considering the "King" is made by pushing 2 twins together, having King pillows wouldn't really work for those times the beds are separated.

I've found that usually there are 2 that are a little firmer and 2 that are a little softer. Not sure if they're down or not - either not or they are hypoallergenic since they don't bother me and down pillows can do that.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Considering the "King" is made by pushing 2 twins together, having King pillows wouldn't really work for those times the beds are separated.

I've found that usually there are 2 that are a little firmer and 2 that are a little softer. Not sure if they're down or not - either not or they are hypoallergenic since they don't bother me and down pillows can do that.

Thank you - I wasn't sure if they were actually 2 twins pushed together in the concierge category or true Kings.  I knew they were 2 twins pushed together in other categories, so again, I wasn't sure.  I will plan for them to be Queens then.  Also, thanks for the information on the Hypoallergenic - that was the other word I was looking for other than "down". 🙂

4 hours ago, stvntra said:

Also, are they down or hard, etc.? Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

Nominally, as noted by others, we usually find 2 fluffier and 2 less fluffy ones come 'standard'.  Am guessing that's actually a pair of the last two on the list below.

Here's their 'pillow' menu that they offer to Concierge and 'above' cabin classes:

Pillow Menu:
Body Pillow – The feather and down body pillow provides full body comfort and is ideal for guest with body aches.
Hypo Allergenic Pillow – Much like natural down feathers, this pillow provides ultimate comfort and support for all sleeping positions.
Swedish Isotonic Pillow – Isotonic reacts to your body temperature and physique to provide true, customized relaxation.

14 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

There are a variety of pillows available.  If you are not satisfied with what is initially on the bed just ask your stateroom attendant for something else.

Great, thanks so much! 

12 hours ago, canderson said:

Nominally, as noted by others, we usually find 2 fluffier and 2 less fluffy ones come 'standard'.  Am guessing that's actually a pair of the last two on the list below.

Here's their 'pillow' menu that they offer to Concierge and 'above' cabin classes:

Pillow Menu:
Body Pillow – The feather and down body pillow provides full body comfort and is ideal for guest with body aches.
Hypo Allergenic Pillow – Much like natural down feathers, this pillow provides ultimate comfort and support for all sleeping positions.
Swedish Isotonic Pillow – Isotonic reacts to your body temperature and physique to provide true, customized relaxation.

Great information to have - thank you! This is very helpful! Good to know I can get feather / down pillows or hypo allergenic pillows.  I've never heard of Swedish Isotonic pillows though - those could be interesting.  Again, I appreciate the help! 

15 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

There are a variety of pillows available.  If you are not satisfied with what is initially on the bed just ask your sOtateroom attendant for something else.

On the Ascent, we had requested for body pillows but they were not available.  They had two types.  The down and the hypo-allergenic pillows were the choices. I remember the days when there were at least 4 choices on the pillow menus left in the room. 

12 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Ascent, we had requested for body pillows but they were not available.  They had two types.  The down and the hypo-allergenic pillows were the choices. I remember the days when there were at least 4 choices on the pillow menus left in the room. 

I guess I was never aware of all the choices on our cruises for pillows.  We just always used what we had! LOL