Carnival Cruise Line Debuts First Solar Eclipse Cruise, Opens First Wave of Itineraries for Summer 2026

Just now, UPNYGuy said:

same

I still wouldn't rule it out if Carnival does that. I'd gladly book a Havana cabana for an Alaskan sailing on Panorama. 

I think THAT would be an awesome room for an Alaskan cruise.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I booked an aft-wrap suite on Spirit for May 2025 when those AK sailings were first released last year. I wanted a particular cabin and didn't want to lose it. Sometimes we aren't too particular about our cabins, but I love the aft wrap cabins on the spirit class. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

30 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

I booked an aft-wrap suite on Spirit for May 2025 when those AK sailings were first released last year. I wanted a particular cabin and didn't want to lose it. Sometimes we aren't too particular about our cabins, but I love the aft wrap cabins on the spirit class. 

GREAT rooms.  When we can grab them we ALWAYS do it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Panorama actually in Alaska next week as a part of it's transpacific.

Perfect time for an announcement?

Hopefully this is a trial run for things to come. I would definitely book on the panorama if it did an Alaska cruise.

1 hour ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Panorama actually in Alaska next week as a part of it's transpacific.

Perfect time for an announcement?

LOL, that would be pretty impressive timing 

I’ve been waiting for this announcement since Holland America announced Eclipse cruises a few months ago. Unfortunately this itinerary is largely a rerun of one we did on Pride in 2022, so we will look to other lines with other itineraries. But for everyone else, it’s a great itinerary ! 

2 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I’ve been waiting for this announcement since Holland America announced Eclipse cruises a few months ago. Unfortunately this itinerary is largely a rerun of one we did on Pride in 2022, so we will look to other lines with other itineraries. But for everyone else, it’s a great itinerary ! 

I see that HAL's sold really well, I think only the long 21 day looks like the only one open now.  Unique sailings.  Question, was the Pride Eclipse sailing also or just the itinerary was the same?

The only rate for these cruises is the Early Saver fare which has a non-refundable deposit, and expires at midnight tonight. I'm planning to wait for the refundable deposit (PB4) fare.

Are the Early Saver fares so low that they're worth the risk of losing a deposit?

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

The only rate for these cruises is the Early Saver fare which has a non-refundable deposit, and expires at midnight tonight. I'm planning to wait for the refundable deposit (PB4) fare.

Are the Early Saver fares so low that they're worth the risk of losing a deposit?

They may be sold out before that even happens! Slim pickings already! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

This sailing will be sold out by Friday AM

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Just saw about 4 balconies left at 8:48pm pacific.

There are probably some courtesy holds that will open up in the next day or so

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I've seen the Fun Select fare available since the cruise released.

12 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am sure some holds will expire but Effectively sold out

Looks like every category is available again so some people probably canceled holds already. But I'm sure it won't last.

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

Looks like every category is available again so some people probably canceled holds already. But I'm sure it won't last.

There will be blips, we just cancelled a couple also.  They will get gobbled up.

23 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I agree so looked at Holland and going to book one of the 20 or 27 days.

2 hours ago, Pyxie said:

I've seen the Fun Select fare available since the cruise released.

I'm still waiting for PB4 (refundable) which goes by many different names. I'll check back Sept. 1 when Early Saver expires.

23 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I'm still waiting for PB4 (refundable) which goes by many different names. I'll check back Sept. 1 when Early Saver expires.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cruise sells out before then, but hope it works out. Fun Select is refundable up to final payment.

41 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the cruise sells out before then, but hope it works out. Fun Select is refundable up to final payment.

I'm not looking at the eclipse cruise.