Walk up at Specialty Restaurants

trbarton

4 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m traveling solo. From others experience what chance do people think that I will have by just walking up when they are opened?

Tom😎🤞

In the past, I have had great success as a walkup, as both a solid and part of a couple. But then, I'm also a late (late) water by Princess averages (as late as we can possibly get).

If you're aiming for a 5 or 6, or even 7, time - unlikely.

Given the recent change in Premier Cruise Packages (unlimited specialty dining) -  I expect it to be much more difficult in the future . 

For 1 or 2 I would still recommend either calling the dine line that morning to make sure they can accommodate you. If your are a suite guest you probably have a better chance and always a better chance if you are willing to dine after 8:00

I have seen people turned away from Specialty or Casual dinings if they did not have a reservation.  Even as a suite guest, they “recommend” making a reservation.  There is always the chance that there will be cancellation, but it seems to be more no shows than cancellations.  (Since many now have “complimentary voucher”.)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m traveling solo. From others experience what chance do people think that I will have by just walking up when they are opened?

Tom😎🤞

We did that in the old distant past before the pause.  I don't know if it would work now. With the new SD program staring up, I don't know if there will be empty tables like there used to be.  

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have seen people turned away from Specialty or Casual dinings if they did not have a reservation.  Even as a suite guest, they “recommend” making a reservation.  There is always the chance that there will be cancellation, but it seems to be more no shows than cancellations.  (Since many now have “complimentary voucher”.)

Even as a suite guest we always call the dine line when we embark rather than just showing up. If the DD managers know you from the past then it might be easier but I do not book that meal in advance