Princess Cancelling Australia 2025/26 - Crown Princess

Essence08

Posted (edited)

Email recieved today cancelling my December 21st, 2025 sailing from Sydney.

Appears people are receiving cancellations from September 2025 onwards - stating dry dock scheduling issues.

Some are being rebooked to ';similar' itineraries (maybe on Diamond princess?) and others such as my sailing are being cancelled, no new bookings, no compensation.

Anyone else in this position>

Edited by Essence08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

Email recieved today cancelling my December 21st, 2025 sailing from Sydney.

Appears people are receiving cancellations from September 2025 onwards - stating dry dock scheduling issues.

Some are being rebooked to ';similar' itineraries (maybe on Diamond princess?) and others such as my sailing are being cancelled, no new bookings, no compensation.

Anyone else in this position>

Which ship ?   I have  Discovery Princess booked in Feb 26 from Sydney.

• Essence08 changed the title to Princess Cancelling Australia 2025/26 - Crown Princess

I have had the letter for our 4 November 25 trip from Singapore  and they have said they will re book on a similar cruise and let my TA know by 15 September what they have booked.

I will be cancelling since the one that I suspect they will book doesn’t really work date wise let alone ports. We were stopping at Malaysia Bali Perth Adelaide Melbourne Hobart and Sydney and the alternative goes down  the east coast of Australia and doesn’t even include Brisbane!

it was a perfect cruise for us and to say I am frustrated is putting it mildly!

• Like 2

We were booked on Crown Princess 18 day Sydney to Singapore departing September 26 2025. Our Princess email today advised that the drydock in Singapore has been rescheduled so the cruise is cancelled. They are transferring us to a similar 18 day itinerary now departing November 11 2025.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HalifaxUKFirstTimers said:

I have had the letter for our 4 November 25 trip from Singapore  and they have said they will re book on a similar cruise and let my TA know by 15 September what they have booked.

I will be cancelling since the one that I suspect they will book doesn’t really work date wise let alone ports. We were stopping at Malaysia Bali Perth Adelaide Melbourne Hobart and Sydney and the alternative goes down  the east coast of Australia and doesn’t even include Brisbane!

it was a perfect cruise for us and to say I am frustrated is putting it mildly!

I had looked at dates on the website for near the original cruise, and noted that most were going around the east coast of Australia.  We booked this specifically to get around the west and southern parts of Australia.  And the pricing was really good b/c we had booked almost a year ago. 

I had considered trying to change to the one mentioned in the next quoted post (26 Sep) but see that that has also been canceled. 

55 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We were booked on Crown Princess 18 day Sydney to Singapore departing September 26 2025. Our Princess email today advised that the drydock in Singapore has been rescheduled so the cruise is cancelled. They are transferring us to a similar 18 day itinerary now departing November 11 2025.

What itinerary did they offer you? 

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

This is the one that I suspect they will transfer us to as well. We will. E canceling b/c like @dreams_of_travel we wanted to go down the west coast of Australia, the price was very good and I have great desire to go down the east coast especially since it does not even call in at Brisbane.

We are clearly not meant to go to Australia since this is the third cruise from Singapore to Australia that we have had cancelled (covid times).

Finding one that goes round west and south is proving tricky!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalifaxUKFirstTimers said:

This is the one that I suspect they will transfer us to as well. We will. E canceling b/c like @dreams_of_travel we wanted to go down the west coast of Australia, the price was very good and I have great desire to go down the east coast especially since it does not even call in at Brisbane.

We are clearly not meant to go to Australia since this is the third cruise from Singapore to Australia that we have had cancelled (covid times).

Finding one that goes round west and south is proving tricky!

Sorry that Australia seems to be eluding you.  I did the Gold Coast roundtrip from Sydney last November, and enjoyed it, but don't need to do it again so "soon".  Getting to Perth is seemingly always tricky.  We had decided on this cruise to see Perth b/c airfare is often ridiculous to west coast Australia.   The only way I would consider the new cruise offer would be if I have time to go to Uluru. (another pricey adventure)   My main issue is my travel friend doesn't want to do an 18 day or more cruise b/c of logistics getting to that side of the world and back.  She's from PEI, so quite near-ish to you.  While I do love Australia and Singapore, I may be looking at Mediterranean cruises instead.  

Posted (edited)

Wow, that's an awfully long dry dock.  They've cleared the schedule from mid- October to mid- January and some late September cruises show as "price not available".  Wonder what all they are going to do?

Edited by azbirdmom

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Wow, that's an awfully long dry dock.  They've cleared the schedule from mid- October to mid- January and some late September cruises show as "pricing not available".  Wonder what all they are going to do?

Maybe it's not the drydock that is very long, but it's location and timing made it impractical to then sail to Asia and Australia for the season. Perhaps many of those dates will be filled in with cruises in another region eventually?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Wow, that's an awfully long dry dock.  They've cleared the schedule from mid- October to mid- January and some late September cruises show as "price not available".  Wonder what all they are going to do?

Maybe just holding off on more bookings on those cruises until the people affected by the drydock schedule are accommodated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our cruise on the Crown Princess just got cancelled too - we were going from Singapore to Perth on Nov 4, 2025. No compensation, no obc, no replacement cruise, nothing. The funny thing is that our travel friends were also on this same itinerary, but going from Singapore to Brisbane (the longer cruise, we were unable to book the same itinerary as the ship was full, so we booked till Perth). Anyway our friends got the cancellation email today too, however they got offered a replacement cruise, $200 obc per person as well as $300 EZair credit. Princess tells me that is because they booked a longer cruise. How is this fair? Are we not all equally disappointed that our cruise is cancelled?? Why is Princess treating its cruisers differently? Errrr.

• Like 1

We are on the same cruise from Singapore to Sydney and are offered the same as your friend.

They said they will transfer our booking to a similar cruise and let us know by September 15th.

• Like 1

@Shirley_R that really does seem very unfair indeed. We were going to Sydney and were offered the OBC. However, that is somewhat academic since we don’t want the alternative cruise - we were wanting to see other places in Australia.

I am pretty peeved with Princess at the moment since they have also changed the itinerary on our Panama Canal cruise this December! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We got the same email about our 28 day round Australia Nov 19/25.  We’re supposed to get an automatic transfer to a Sept 26/25 by Sept 15 with a small amount of OBC and Ezair credit.  Like someone else said, this is the 3rd or 4th time we’ve tried to book an Australia or New Zealand cruise (since the dreaded 2020) and the third or forth time cancelled. Perhaps it’s not meant to be !

Edited by Sn0cruiser

So sorry to hear about your cancelled Crown cruises. I’ve been looking forward to my March 2025 for so long, I’d really be quite upset if it cancelled. OTOH, I’m a little bit concerned that Crown needs such an extensive dry dock so soon after I sail. But hey at least I’m sailing!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Sell it? 

I had an Australian cruise that "redeployed" 3 times (that's what Princess called it when they changed date / ship / modified itinerary / ship was transferred to POAU). But my schedule was wide open and I just floated along with the changes. 10 day GBR voyage became 22 day Sydney -> Tokyo voyage for same price! 

• Like 1

We received the same email for our Northern Explorer cruise from Brisbane to Fremantle in November 2025. Advised that they would be transferring our booking to a September departure and 200AUD on board credit. Won’t be taking up their offer when received as we have a booking to travel on the Indian Pacific back to the East Coast. Let’s hope we receive a full refund of our deposit and also for the shore excursion we only booked last week(had been on waitlist and received email to advise places were available!). Also how long it will take to process the refunds. 

6 hours ago, Shirley_R said:

Our cruise on the Crown Princess just got cancelled too - we were going from Singapore to Perth on Nov 4, 2025. No compensation, no obc, no replacement cruise, nothing. The funny thing is that our travel friends were also on this same itinerary, but going from Singapore to Brisbane (the longer cruise, we were unable to book the same itinerary as the ship was full, so we booked till Perth). Anyway our friends got the cancellation email today too, however they got offered a replacement cruise, $200 obc per person as well as $300 EZair credit. Princess tells me that is because they booked a longer cruise. How is this fair? Are we not all equally disappointed that our cruise is cancelled?? Why is Princess treating its cruisers differently? Errrr.

I think the reason your cruise was cancelled and not replaced was due to your Perth endpoint. Princess has not yet revealed the new itinerary when the ship returns from Singapore to Australia after her new drydock dates. However if you have a look at Australian port bookings in Darwin and northern Queensland, it would seem that the ship will now return down the east coast instead of the west coast of Australia. Therefore Sydney to Perth has no like for like replacement cruise.

We got email yesterday that our 2 night Syd to Bri on 26/9/25 was now being redeployed and would get a new voyage number though details would stay same. But I can't get into app to check, it won't take me from current cruise next month into other booked cruises and it seems on website to have lost our cabin number and listed it as to be assigned.

15 hours ago, marne-c said:

I have friends on a mid-April 2025 cruise on the Crown from Sydney to Perth.  I just checked the Princess site.  It's still on.

--Marne

Yes, our mid April Crown cruise is fine too, it is just the Sept one which is affected

Posted (edited)

This is also being discussed on the OZ/NZ board.

I received an email from an Aussie friend that their November 2025 Crown cruise from Singapore to Sydney that was scheduled after the original shipyard maintenance has been canceled. It’s the same $200 OBC & $300 EZair credit for their replacement cruise from Singapore to Sydney on 12/19/25. No details on the itinerary however being over Christmas they’ll cancel the cruise.

There have been so many changes in Australia beginning with cancelations of Grand cruises & now Crown. Thankfully my around OZ cruise on Crown in March 2025 isn’t being affected after our 2020 booking was canceled by the pandemic.

CCL is ending P&O Australia and continues to make changes to Australia cruises…feel sorry for our Aussie friends & for anyone traveling so far to enjoy the wonders of Australia.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3