What happens if someone can’t go after final pay?

I’m hoping this doesn’t happen but I am taking 8 people on a cruise

if someone can’t get off work and can’t go but there is at least one person in their room what does rccl do?

I know about my options like insurance but just want to be sure that if it is 7 that show up at the pier and not 8 that they don’t cancel everyone’s reservation.

2 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

if someone can’t get off work and can’t go but there is at least one person in their room what does rccl do?

Reimburse the no show planner purchased items and taxes/fees. Nothing else happens to the booking.

Posted (edited)

One is just a no show. Nothing happens until after the cruise when the no show will get taxes and fees refunded to the original form of payment. If he purchased anything I would cancel it myself before the cruise.

The person left doesnt get double pts as a single,,has to be booked as a solo.

You could still replace him for no charge as long as one original names booking is left on the booking. 

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The person left doesnt get double pts as a single,,has to be booked as a solo.

I had a cruise booked on Allure with my girlfriend a few months ago. She had a family emergency the day before the cruise so I ended up cruising alone. I got double points for that cruise. Additionally, when my wife passed away several years ago, she was technically a no show on the half dozen or so cruises we had booked that I subsequently went on. I received double points for those cruises too. Maybe I have just been getting lucky when it comes to getting double points if it’s RCI policy not to award double points in these situations. On a related note, it was nice getting double points for multiple cruises when RCI had the double points promotion after the restart. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I had a cruise booked on Allure with my girlfriend a few months ago. She had a family emergency the day before the cruise so I ended up cruising alone. I got double points for that cruise. Additionally, when my wife passed away several years ago, she was technically a no show on the half dozen or so cruises we had booked that I subsequently went on. I received double points for those cruises too. Maybe I have just been getting lucky when it comes to getting double points if it’s RCI policy not to award double points in these situations. On a related note, it was nice getting double points for multiple cruises when RCI had the double points promotion after the restart. 

I've read the points vary. Sometimes you also dont get double points. If you got them yay if not it happens. 

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The one from sever years ago was normal.  The most recent one you got lucky

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The one from sever years ago was normal.  The most recent one you got lucky

The cruises I went on alone (at least cabin wise)’were in 2022 and 2023. Did they just change the rule this year (2024) concerning no double points when you cruise alone after initially booking double occupancy?

14 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The cruises I went on alone (at least cabin wise)’were in 2022 and 2023. Did they just change the rule this year (2024) concerning no double points when you cruise alone after initially booking double occupancy?

Yes

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Did they just change the rule this year (2024) concerning no double points when you cruise alone after initially booking double occupancy?

The rule (no extra point for a being booked double but have a no show second passenger - you sailed solo) changed in late 2019 or early 2020. As mentioned, you got lucky for any booking since then which was NOT changed to solo before final payment.

Edited by Biker19

They had an faq on the RCI website for a while that specifically addressed the double points for a no show question but I can’t find it anymore.  It said no extra points unless the booking was revised to a solo guest before the sailing.  Or maybe it was before final payment.  However they revised rule 36 on the C&A benefits chart to include that extra points are awarded when you “pay a single pricing type for a double occupancy stateroom”.

6 minutes ago, Anton said:

They had an faq on the RCI website for a while that specifically addressed the double points for a no show question but I can’t find it anymore.  It said no extra points unless the booking was revised to a solo guest before the sailing.  Or maybe it was before final payment.  However they revised rule 36 on the C&A benefits chart to include that extra points are awarded when you “pay a single pricing type for a double occupancy stateroom”.

I just looked at the benefits page. The wording is exactly as you quoted. That would be consistent with my experience, because I have gotten double points on every cruise when my late spouse or girlfriend was a no show. I didn’t see anything on the benefits page/chart that says anything about the cabin must be booked as a single occupancy. It’s likely Ourusualbeach and Biker19 are stating what they believe to be true instead of what RCI’s actual policy is concerning sailing solo. I find it hard to believe I got lucky on 7 cruises. It’s far more likely I got double points because I fell under RCI’s current policy. 

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I just looked at the benefits page. The wording is exactly as you quoted. That would be consistent with my experience, because I have gotten double points on every cruise when my late spouse or girlfriend was a no show. I didn’t see anything on the benefits page/chart that says anything about the cabin must be booked as a single occupancy. It’s likely Ourusualbeach and Biker19 are stating what they believe to be true instead of what RCI’s actual policy is concerning sailing solo. I find it hard to believe I got lucky on 7 cruises. It’s far more likely I got double points because I fell under RCI’s current policy. 

I don't think so.  A "single pricing type" means a single occupancy booking.  Just because the cabin was paid in full for two people and one was a no-show doesn't mean it's a single pricing type booking.  You paid a double occupancy rate, even if it was the same as a 200% single occupancy rate.  The booking shows you paid less than what an actual single would have paid and the fare for the no-show was forfeited per the cruise contract.  You were lucky, more than once.

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I find it hard to believe I got lucky on 7 cruises. It’s far more likely I got double points because I fell under RCI’s current policy. 

2021 and 2022 (if booked prior to Sept 2021???) sailings were covered by the double points promo.  If you only got double points, then you didn't get any extra for solo.  Solo would have gotten 4x points (for non-suite) during the promo. 

26 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

2021 and 2022 (if booked prior to Sept 2021???) sailings were covered by the double points promo.  If you only got double points, then you didn't get any extra for solo.  Solo would have gotten 4x points (for non-suite) during the promo. 

Like I mentioned previously, these were cruises in 2022 and 2023. The double point promotion only applied to cruises booked on or before September 30, 2021 (and the cruise had to be before 12/31/22 if my memory is correct). The double points promotion didn’t apply to these cruises (2022 and 2023) because they weren’t booked prior to the deadline. So the double points I received had to be because I sailed solo in a double occupancy cabin. I never thought twice about it until reading comments on this site recently from people saying you don’t get double points for a no show or cancelling one person. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

True Story! 2022 << I received double points for my B2B (solo) took me to Dimond Plus. Yay! 😀🎉 it was originally booked in 2021

Edited by shandryl

2 minutes ago, shandryl said:

2022 << I received double points for my B2B (solo) took me to Dimond Plus. Yay! 😀🎉

I rec'd 4x points (solo) on several 2021 and 2022 cruises.  Went from 163 to 337 points during the promo. 🙂

Just now, Another_Critic said:

I rec'd 4x points (solo) on several 2021 and 2022 cruises.  Went from 163 to 337 points during the promo. 🙂

For 11 nights I received 44 pts and then my 10 nights received 40 pts << that is the highest/most I have ever seen on my cruise history. Did not know about the promo though. i thought it was based on how long and how much spending was done on board. like a drink package/internet plan. 🤷‍♀️ Not complaining!! I like the extras!! 

When COVID happened, we had a few cruises that got rebooked with 125% FCC into a 24 night B2B Arctic Circle and Iceland & Ireland. Due to double points, we decided to go JS. While the sale was still happening, we decided to book an 8 night Odyssey with our DS as a graduation from college trip. Then, primarily because of the promo, decided to book a couple weekend getaways midway between other trips. a 3 night Perfect Day and since we've never done the west coast, a 4 night out of LA (took DS and her BF). That last one we booked the last night of the promo. All JS's.

So pre COVID, we were Emerald with 50 points.

3 might CC + 12 = 62

8 night Southern Caribbean + 32 = 94 (now diamond)

24 night Arctic Circle + 96 = 190 (now D+ and our first crystal block!)

So in 2 vacations (technically 3 cruises), went form Emerald to D+ 🙂 

4 night Mexico + 16 = 206

So from the COVID promo, 39 nights of cruises in JS's netted 156 points.

Currently at 248. Still doing JS's.

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

When COVID happened, we had a few cruises that got rebooked with 125% FCC into a 24 night B2B Arctic Circle and Iceland & Ireland. Due to double points, we decided to go JS. While the sale was still happening, we decided to book an 8 night Odyssey with our DS as a graduation from college trip. Then, primarily because of the promo, decided to book a couple weekend getaways midway between other trips. a 3 night Perfect Day and since we've never done the west coast, a 4 night out of LA (took DS and her BF). That last one we booked the last night of the promo. All JS's.

So pre COVID, we were Emerald with 50 points.

3 might CC + 12 = 62

8 night Southern Caribbean + 32 = 94 (now diamond)

24 night Arctic Circle + 96 = 190 (now D+ and our first crystal block!)

So in 2 vacations (technically 3 cruises), went form Emerald to D+ 🙂 

4 night Mexico + 16 = 206

So from the COVID promo, 39 nights of cruises in JS's netted 156 points.

Currently at 248. Still doing JS's.

That was a good plan to accumulate points fast! I assume posts like yours and the previous one is why the Diamond Lounge was renamed the Crown Lounge. I think the double points promotion was a great incentive to get people cruising again, but it resulted in a lot of people making Diamond over a relatively short period of time. 

20 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume posts like yours and the previous one is why the Diamond Lounge was renamed the Crown Lounge.

The D and up numbers pre COVID were already way above what the lounge could comfortably accommodate. RCI was bound to do something about that even without the new influx of D. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That was a good plan to accumulate points fast! I assume posts like yours and the previous one is why the Diamond Lounge was renamed the Crown Lounge. I think the double points promotion was a great incentive to get people cruising again, but it resulted in a lot of people making Diamond over a relatively short period of time. 

I sailed solo in a suite on several cruises during the restart and got as much as 6x on those cruises (42 points for one-week cruises).

Edited by BirdTravels