Prima: Behind the Scenes Tour

Posted (edited)

Has been $149 p/p for the paid one on both our 2013 and 2014 Prima sailing, we took the shorter & complimentary ones for Platinum/+ members.  YMMV as always

If you already booked, lookup the price under Shore Excursion 😉

Edited by mking8288

Posted (edited)

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought, but needed confirmation. As interesting as it could be, $300 per couple is just way to pricey for me.

I'll settle for watching episodes of "Mighty Cruise Ships".

Edited by the_scarecrow_in_oz
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, the_scarecrow_in_oz said:

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought, but needed confirmation. As interesting as it could be, $300 per couple is just way to pricey for me.

First passenger should have $50 off and both should get a percentage off depending on their Latitude status. That should get it under $300. That is unless they do not count it as an excursion.

52 minutes ago, the_scarecrow_in_oz said:

Another option would be to wait until you have sailed enough times to accumulate at least 75 points in the Latitudes program.  As a Platinum member, you are entitled to a free Behind the Scenes Tour on each cruise longer than five days.

19 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

First passenger should have $50 off and both should get a percentage off depending on their Latitude status. That should get it under $300. That is unless they do not count it as an excursion.

No. The tour is an activity, not an excursion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Another option would be to wait until you have sailed enough times to accumulate at least 75 points in the Latitudes program.  As a Platinum member, you are entitled to a free Behind the Scenes Tour on each cruise longer than five days.

You took the words right out of my mouth. (Sorry for the saliva).

Although the OP may not wish to spend several thousand dollars on additional cruises to get a "free" tour...😛

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Aren't the tickets for the tour sold at the Shore Excursion desk?

Could be, I prepaid online when I went, still doesn't make it eligible for the discounts.

• Like 1

When booking the tour online before the cruise, you will receive an confirmation that says Entertainment Confirmation. in this confirmation, it will show up with the following: BHSX01 Behind the Scenes - Ship Name with the date/time.. it will not show up on the shore excursion confirmation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Is there anything else classified as an activity that is sold with the excursions?

I don't know of anything currently but I suspect anything listed as entertainment that has a fee and requires reservations. I pretty much stick to the smaller ships but there might be other things on the larger ships. Anybody remember the dinner theater in the Spiegel tent?

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Anybody remember the dinner theater in the Spiegel tent?

i do. This is from the Breakaway in 2017

image.thumb.png.a985e6527eeac62c28b6a447af45c203.png

and the Escape when the Choir of Man first came out in the supper club before it was moved in the main theater

image.png.cc0b4d6b5752036d862e33d6ad88daba.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, julig22 said:

I don't know of anything currently but I suspect anything listed as entertainment that has a fee and requires reservations. I pretty much stick to the smaller ships but there might be other things on the larger ships. Anybody remember the dinner theater in the Spiegel tent?

Yes, I remember Cirq d' Soleil on the Epic in 2012.

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Is there anything else classified as an activity that is sold with the excursions?

Listed under the excursions for Great Stirrup Cay are the "clamshell rental" and "standup paddleboard rental" - neither of which are eligible for the $50 excursion credit.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Aren't the tickets for the tour sold at the Shore Excursion desk?

That doesn't make it an excursion! They sell the port shuttle tickets as well, but they still aren't excursions, entitling you to the $50 discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1