Bermuda April 2025 major itinerary change

CJANDH

4 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Yes, but NOT Hamilton or St George, so those ports should not be in the itins.

They're not on the itinerary  except for the "R" ships that are still porting there. The Vista itinerary shown in post #14 says "Royal Naval Dockyard. "

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

So if O phases out its R class ships, it will no longer go to Bermuda. Or it will continue to include it in its itins only to cancel and substitute, as the original poster has experienced. 

What is shameful is that O still charged them a penalty for cancelling.

If Vista is too large, then cancelling the bermuda ports and blaming it on weather is surely fraudulent. Bottom line, Vista can't get into Hamilton or St George, O needs to remove these ports from its itineraries not dupe the consumer into thinking otherwise. 

If the R ships are phased out they can still go to Bermuda. The newer ships can use the Royal Naval Dockyard. Vista is scheduled for the Dockyard not Hamilton or St. George on her itinerary so they did not dupe anyone. 

• Like 1

The official line from the CEO is that there are no plans to phase out the R ships. Anything else you read here or elsewhere is idle speculation.

Of course things could change. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ORV said:

The official line from the CEO is that there are no plans to phase out the R ships. Anything else you read here or elsewhere is idle speculation.

What FDR did say is : There will be no more major upgrades or refurbishments done to the R ships.

How long each of the ships can individually sail without one is yet to be determined. So indeed no current plan may exist.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:24 AM, jonthomas said:

Nope we have docked at both with Celebrity and their ships are bigger than the Vista.

Which Celebrity ships dock in Hamilton and St George?  I've only seen them at Dockyard.  I'm interested in an Oceania Insignia cruise that docks at both Hamilton and St George.  We love Bermuda and fly in and stay 2 weeks every year, but sailing through Two Rock Passage is amazing (I've done it twice) and sailing through the St George Town Cut is on my bucket list - and yes, I've done it on the ferry.

On 8/30/2024 at 2:08 PM, MisterBill99 said:

If they're going to have to tender, you'd think they could anchor off Hamilton and tender there. Of course, the island probably isn't set up to do that. Tendering to the dockyard is truly the worst of both worlds.

To anchor off Hamilton, the ship would have to fit through Two Rock Passage, and if it's small enough to do that, it can dock on Front St🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

Which Celebrity ships dock in Hamilton and St George?  I've only seen them at Dockyard.  I'm interested in an Oceania Insignia cruise that docks at both Hamilton and St George.  We love Bermuda and fly in and stay 2 weeks every year, but sailing through Two Rock Passage is amazing (I've done it twice) and sailing through the St George Town Cut is on my bucket list - and yes, I've done it on the ferry.

If you had read more of the thread before posting you would have known that the poster admitted they were wrong about Celebrity ships docking in Hamilton and St.George. you

2 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

To anchor off Hamilton, the ship would have to fit through Two Rock Passage, and if it's small enough to do that, it can dock on Front St🤷‍♀️

The ship would anchor in Great Sound, not Hamilton itself.

8 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

... but sailing through Two Rock Passage is amazing (I've done it twice) and sailing through the St George Town Cut is on my bucket list - and yes, I've done it on the ferry.

Not the best weather for our passage through Town Cut, but still impressive. I was happy I was not driving ... 🍺🥌

image.thumb.png.f964cfebba4740b0be846e6482cd1198.png

• Like 2

Just found out that our excursion time in Newport was changed from morning to afternoon without any notice. I previously stated that we don't do ship excursions, but did this time because we "paid" for them whether we take them or not. Without this "perk" from having to book with simply more, we would have done what we thought we were doing on our own, but it's too late for that now as we sail tomorrow. We have plans to meet local friends in the afternoon which is why we took the early excursion.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Not a great way to start the cruise, before we start the cruise...

1 minute ago, Jim and Monika said:

Just found out that our excursion time in Newport was changed from morning to afternoon without any notice. I previously stated that we don't do ship excursions, but did this time because we "paid" for them whether we take them or not. Without this "perk" from having to book with simply more, we would have done what we thought we were doing on our own, but it's too late for that now as we sail tomorrow. We have plans to meet local friends in the afternoon which is why we took the early excursion.

It happened to us last year on a cruise where our morning excursion was also changed to the afternoon. This was in Europe, can’t recall exact port but fortunately we had not made other plans that it interfered with at least.  We did not find out until reviewing our excursion tickets once onboard. 

18 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

Yes, this happened to us twice on our current cruise. We double checked and the original ones were no longer offered, so we didn’t get moved around for a bigger group or anything like that.