Returned with Covid

drtravel47

I just went on a short trip to Yosemite NP and came back with Covid (around the same time Anthony Fauci got it a third time).  It's not just cruise ships or flights, you can get it anywhere.  If you don't want to get it then never leave your house, not even to buy groceries.

I just got a mild case and was feeling fine within 72 hours.  I previously had it twice in 2021 right after getting vaccinated and double boosted so I don't have any confidence in the so called "vaccines." Just live your life and don't worry about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drtravel47 said:

how many others don't and many don't know what soap and water is for in a bathroom??!!

Oh this is EVERYWHERE. Everyone has forgotten how to cover when they cough or sneeze. 

I belong to a gym and more than once I've given someone the stink eye when they neglected to wash their hands after using the toilet. 

I personally am not specifically concerned with Covid but I really hate getting sick. Period!

• Thanks 1

The 🤬 virus mutates faster than vaccines can keep up

Many now think, nothing more than a cold….unless you are asthmatic, have a lung issue or immune compromised.   We wear masks. Really dont give a damn about people looking at us. We have sailed and come home fine

on the other hand. Whatever happened to cough into your sleeve or arm. Prevent that spray that you can’t see, from infecting others?..  a few medical folks and I were talking about this. Common sense….gone since Covid, with so many. Couldnt believe the coughing and people making no effort to cover their mouth

Hopefully your Covid symptoms are mild. 

Oh. I am the mother of a young healthy woman, athletic, who nearly died from Covid. 

• Like 6

I stopped getting boosters. I know 2 people ( very well) who got all the boosters and both were horribly sick with the newest covid in the last 2 months. Far worse that the first time around. 

My BIL is dead!    he had covid which caused typical inflammation in the chest. It made him aware of a heart issue and he need a bypass. They opened him up for surgery and he died 9 days later . The swelling from the surgery coupled with the covid inflammation prevented his heart from working. He was a very fit 65 year old and he ate a healthy diet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drtravel47 said:

yes, we walked through Key West and were in Coco Cay (though far away from others at Coast (?). None of those traveling with us got sick.

Any chance you stopped by Island House in Key West?  Lol... 

30 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Whatever happened to cough into your sleeve or arm. Prevent that spray that you can’t see, from infecting others?..  a few medical folks and I were talking about this. Common sense….gone since Covid, with so many. Couldnt believe the coughing and people making no effort to cover their mouth

Yes, we went forever without even getting a cold but colds are a thing again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Does anyone ever get a cold any more or is it now Covid?

They're in the same family and are producing similar symptoms.  Testing is the only way to distinguish between them, and even that can prove inconclusive a small % of the time.  Husband/wife owner team of our company just now both dealing with this. Neither are COVID positive (they still has some valid home tests, so tried them on a lark) as far as they know, so calling it 'a cold' is as good as anything.

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

I stopped getting boosters. I know 2 people ( very well) who got all the boosters and both were horribly sick with the newest covid in the last 2 months. Far worse that the first time around. 

My BIL is dead!    he had covid which caused typical inflammation in the chest. It made him aware of a heart issue and he need a bypass. They opened him up for surgery and he died 9 days later . The swelling from the surgery coupled with the covid inflammation prevented his heart from working. He was a very fit 65 year old and he ate a healthy diet

Not clear; are you stating you stopped taking booster because you feel they are ineffective or because you feel they are a contributing factor to making Covid more severe or some other reason?

10 hours ago, drtravel47 said:

Sailed on Reflection last week and both of us returned with Covid. Should we share this cruise line to help with their health data and precautions for the future?

i have been cruising roughly two times a month for the past few years. Without exception, after every cruise at least one person (and usually several more) posts online that they tested positive for COVID after the cruise. Catching COVID on a cruise, or possibly before the cruise, is an everyday occurrence. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, IDL said:

Not clear; are you stating you stopped taking booster because you feel they are ineffective or because you feel they are a contributing factor to making Covid more severe or some other reason?

ineffective as by the time a new one is ready the next variant is here . One step behind

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

ineffective as by the time a new one is ready the next variant is here . One step behind

The other consideration is the severity and from my perspective if a booster can reduce the severity of Covid if one does catch it than it is still worth getting but I certainly understand your perspective. 

• Like 1