No more Bvlgari products on Silversea?

Stefan_Cruise

17 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Here's a well-known American brand.  Would Old Spice achieve that high standard?  And, all in just one container, this would offer shampoo and conditioner, together!!  Does this brand say luxury for Silversea?

image.thumb.jpeg.c2e648791729936672fb91902c20b7c9.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry, not in my opinion.............

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Years since I remember that one, we used to call it Old Mice.

Super cute, winning responses from lincslady and Lois.  Never heard it called "Old Mice", but that would seemingly fit.  Maybe?  Yesterday, I saw that Old Spice also had this product type called "Fiji" with coconut to give their 2-for-1 liquid a South Pacific positioning.  Still, would bet that Silversea does not slide down so low as going down the Old Spice trail. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ff618f6ae7174ae819cd32e1e562cdcd.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Super cute, winning responses from lincslady and Lois.  Never heard it called "Old Mice", but that would seemingly fit.  Maybe?  Yesterday, I saw that Old Spice also had this product type called "Fiji" with coconut to give their 2-for-1 liquid a South Pacific positioning.  Still, would bet that Silversea does not slide down so low as going down the Old Spice trail. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ff618f6ae7174ae819cd32e1e562cdcd.jpeg

The one thing I remember about Old Spice is that the brand aims itself at the male demographic....not saying a female cannot use it but going all the way back, say 50 years ago...they always attempted to get men in their main demographic. Now they use a younger guy in their commercials but I don't see this as a "luxury product".

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The one thing I remember about Old Spice is that the brand aims itself at the male demographic....not saying a female cannot use it but going all the way back, say 50 years ago...they always attempted to get men in their main demographic. Now they use a younger guy in their commercials but I don't see this as a "luxury product".

Sailors specifically Lois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbbV5x3YZc

• Haha 2

On Cloud last month, only the big bottles of Otium.  Not a fan.  I also am left handed, so rearranged the bottles, but only to have them rearranged by my right handed husband.  Finally gave up.  And the scent is NOT luxury.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RachelG said:

On Cloud last month, only the big bottles of Otium.  Not a fan.  I also am left handed, so rearranged the bottles, but only to have them rearranged by my right handed husband.  Finally gave up.  And the scent is NOT luxury.

We expect to have this ongoing battle with the cabin attendant.  Husbands should be easier to train! 😁

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Sailors specifically Lois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbbV5x3YZc

Yes, R&T and Lois, that "Old Spice" was featured with a sailor theme and targeted to men (at a time when males did not use or do much with such fragrances).  

BUT, on this topic, why does not Silversea have someone who monitors social media sites such as Cruise Critic and updates us?  Just say what's coming on board, why and how.  Share the info!!  Tell us more!!  Doubt it is "state secret" like the nuclear code.  Right?   

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 1:21 PM, TLCOhio said:

BUT, on this topic, why does not Silversea have someone who monitors social media sites such as Cruise Critic and updates us?  Just say what's coming on board, why and how.  Share the info!!  Tell us more!!  Doubt it is "state secret" like the nuclear code.  Right?   

Silversea definitely monitors this site.  How do I know?  On our recent Cloud trip, I mentioned several issues we were having in my blog here.  I didn't say anything about it to anyone on the crew, but the issues were very proactively addressed by staff, and I think we were assigned someone to make sure everything was to our liking. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RachelG said:

Silversea definitely monitors this site.  How do I know?  On our recent Cloud trip, I mentioned several issues we were having in my blog here.  I didn't say anything about it to anyone on the crew, but the issues were very proactively addressed by staff, and I think we were assigned someone to make sure everything was to our liking. 

Indeed they do. I have had a few comments on my cruise reports fro crew over the years. The last time was last year on the Moon when i posted pictures of the entertainers and 2 of them came up and thanked me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Indeed they do. I have had a few comments on my cruise reports fro crew over the years. The last time was last year on the Moon when i posted pictures of the entertainers and 2 of them came up and thanked me.

The crew and even their families certainly do. I Had one particular Chef sought me out on the ship close to tears because his wife had messaged him and told him about what I’d posted on here about his amazing talent. I’m not entirely sure anyone further up the food chain bothers. Even if they did, I’m not sure they are left with very much room to wiggle in their new corporate jackets. 

• Like 3

On 9/3/2024 at 12:27 AM, RachelG said:

We are on the Cloud now. Mentioned to our butler we’re  not a fan of the big bottles of Otium and he offered to bring us small bottles of Seba Med and Bvlgari to try… body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We’re just in a regular veranda cabin. So if you’re not happy, ask your butler to change the bottles. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RachelG said:

YES!!  I have had similar experiences where on-ship staff confirmed that main office folks do follow certain postings on sites such as Cruise Critic and Facebook.

Although I wish that SS staff would be more "pro-active" in posting follow-ups and clarifications here on sites such as Cruise Critic, I understand why they do not.  

Once you start answering and responding, when does it stop or ever conclude?  Some points and complaints are legitimate and needing factual clarification.  

But, some people never let go and will keep "beating a dead horse" over and over.  Again and again.  If you are Silversea management posting here, it can be a challenge to just answer and be done.  I can understand that "Social Media" is not always simple, easy and logical.  Still interested as to the background and future for what shampoos, conditioners, soap, etc., will be offered in the future, etc.  Maybe somebody on one of the upcoming sailings will ask and find out.  Usually, the onboard staff can be more detailed and sharing.        

India to Singapore 2024:  Live/Blog over 22,800 views with many visuals, including for “Golden Triangle”, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992045-live-terryohio-india-to-signapore-silver-moon-rising-pix’s/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sanne said:

We are on the Cloud now. Mentioned to our butler we’re  not a fan of the big bottles of Otium and he offered to bring us small bottles of Seba Med and Bvlgari to try… body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We’re just in a regular veranda cabin. So if you’re not happy, ask your butler to change the bottles. 

I should have, but I try to be non needy, and I was already asking for Pelligrino in the suite, which our butler was busting his butt to procure for us every day, reminding us that it technically was not available but finding some.