Queen Anne Grills Terrace access

Stu UK

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Amount spent is a function of price per cabin x frequency. It’s right that those people are recognised as such. I don’t think we have an argument there! 

I was replying to your one cruise per year amount. Should have said 'amount spent per cruise' for clarity.

Frequent flyers, are frequent flyers, whatever the grade of cabin booked and will be recognised by staff. Human nature being what it is, those who are known, will have their preferences noted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

Amount spent is a function of price per cabin x frequency. It’s right that those people are recognised as such. I don’t think we have an argument there! 

I do find the official benefits for frequent users rather pathetic though. $45 off an internet package. Wow… 

Yes but it goes up as you move through the tiers. My allowance covers  internet for a 7 day cruise and if I use my share holders  OBC on a 14 nighter  I am still left with dollar up on the deal . There are other useful perks too. 

22 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Yes but it goes up as you move through the tiers. My allowance covers  internet for a 7 day cruise and if I use my share holders  OBC on a 14 nighter  I am still left with dollar up on the deal . There are other useful perks too. 

Takes a while though… gold is easy, but then

Yes, have shareholder OBC - add that to Sept 25 Alaska cruise, the internet credit x 2 and that’s $1010 OBC. 

30%+ goes as tips though for PG x 10 days. 

19 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Something got in the way of the IoW ferry at about 18:20 today… 

It didn’t look before it pulled out.. is the captain a BMW driver? 

IMG_6918.jpeg

Is that a RN vessel on the right? 

8 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Nope. It's the Japanese naval training vessel SHIMAKAZE.

Yes we googled it.. OH’s son fascinated by why it is flying the imperial Japanese flag at its stern. Apparently the Japanese navy does that and it is a bit of an issue…

Built in the 80s. Looked a bit old and having two gun turrets dated it anyway. 

He also said Annie was quite good looking for a cruise ship - and that the paint colour had a lot to do with it. We had passed one of the “…of the seas” semi monstrosities (there are worse) and one of the Disneys which aren’t too bad and are more classical than most 

IMG_6920.png

Edited by buchanan101

Going back to QG. I have asked for our booked cruise to be on a 4 top, because I thought it may be nice to chat to another couple (and share a duck in orange sauce when my husband hates duck), But I cannot see any 4 top tables in the photos people have kindly shared. Are there any? If there are, will we miss the dodgy banquettes?

11 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Going back to QG. I have asked for our booked cruise to be on a 4 top, because I thought it may be nice to chat to another couple (and share a duck in orange sauce when my husband hates duck), But I cannot see any 4 top tables in the photos people have kindly shared. Are there any? If there are, will we miss the dodgy banquettes?

If there is demand for tables for four, they will provide them, fear not. But I would say that I think four is a dangerous number. In the, admittedly unlikely, event your companions are disagreeable, there is no respite. Annoying people on a larger table are diluted. Equally on a table for four, if you dine at 8 and they dine at 6.30, you will probably miss them, and may as well be on a table for two.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Also depending on the ship your table for 2 may be in effect a table for 4 or 6 as the gap to adjoining table can be ~20cm/30cm. We had such in QM2 QG and we chatted with the neighbours freely but we were all still on our own tables when we’d rather talk amongst ourselves. Was actually a perfect arrangement! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you all - maybe we should change to 6? Are there many tables that big - for those of you who are in there? Or are almost all tables for 2? We have plenty of time to change my request! 

There will be a few large tables but actual number depends on seating requests. Configurations change cruise to cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you all - maybe we should change to 6? Are there many tables that big - for those of you who are in there? Or are almost all tables for 2? We have plenty of time to change my request! 

We chatted very well with neighbors in QG on QE recently on a two-top with the two two-tops near us. In PG and QG, I saw 6 and 8 tops and beware that you may share a table with a group of four or six who know each other and you may end up being the odd couple out. And, as explained above, you may be eating at a big table alone some of the time, especially for breakfast and even for lunch. 
I’d stick with a 2 top near others to socialize as needed. Ask the M’d on embarkation lunch if you want to make table changes. 

• Like 2

Anyone can access the grills deck on the lift. We did the 4 night Rotterdam cruise on Queen Anne, booked in Princess Grill. We went up in the lift one day for lunch there was another man and woman in the lift. When we stopped at the Grills deck the woman turned round and said "I hope you have enjoyed your ride in the lift to see this deck" I was so taken aback I did know what to say.

36 minutes ago, L4605 said:

Anyone can access the grills deck on the lift. We did the 4 night Rotterdam cruise on Queen Anne, booked in Princess Grill. We went up in the lift one day for lunch there was another man and woman in the lift. When we stopped at the Grills deck the woman turned round and said "I hope you have enjoyed your ride in the lift to see this deck" I was so taken aback I did know what to say.

Yes thank you and I hope you have enjoyed it too, would have been my reply. 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Yes thank you and I hope you have enjoyed it too, would have been my reply. 😁

Some people in an elevator can’t deal with silence and feel they need to say something to break that uncomfortable silence. Usually needing to engage brain before opening mouth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NE John said:

Some people in an elevator can’t deal with silence and feel they need to say something to break that uncomfortable silence. Usually needing to engage brain before opening mouth. 

There's engaging brain and then there is condescending, depending on manner of delivery.

I can 'do' replies in either vein!!!😅

• Thanks 1