Check in question

I have an upcoming cruise on Adventure of the Seas and have a Noon check-in.  We have always tried to be at the Port on time, but due to an issue we had on our last cruise, we will give ourselves PLENTY of time to get there.  In doing this, we could possibly be at the port much earlier than our check in time.  We will be overnighting in Port Orange which will be an easy drive but just never know about traffic or how long we sit while waiting to get into Park 'n Cruise, so if we should get there as much as an hour early, will we be allowed to board? 

Unless there is a large line of people when you arrive there should be no issue in boarding early.  And even with that, you likely would just be able to board after those in line are through.  In the recent couple of years no one has checked our boarding time when we have arrived.  This includes cruises out of Cape Liberty, Port Everglades, and Miami.  I doubt Port Canaveral will be any different.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

We live in New Smyrna Beach, just south of Port Orange. Always leave home about 9:15am and get to PC just about 10:30am. We are on the Adventure in a few weeks with a 12:30pm check-in time and will do the same thing. This will be our 6th sailing since January out of PC and always get there around 10:30am regardless of our assigned time. Never an issue.

Enjoy your cruise.

39 minutes ago, Mary&Jim said:

We live in New Smyrna Beach, just south of Port Orange. Always leave home about 9:15am and get to PC just about 10:30am. We are on the Adventure in a few weeks with a 12:30pm check-in time and will do the same thing. This will be our 6th sailing since January out of PC and always get there around 10:30am regardless of our assigned time. Never an issue.

Enjoy your cruise.

We're on the 9/13 sailing, which one are you on?

15 minutes ago, Reijo said:

We're on the 9/13 sailing, which one are you on?

I'm on the 9/13 and booked 2 days after everyone else checked in and have 12:30. My first time out of PC since I moved to the area. I plan to try uber. I'm sure I'll be early too. I hate having a later time but that's the best I could get. 

Hoping bad weather stays away and we see Bermuda. My first time there.

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Unless there is a large line of people when you arrive there should be no issue in boarding early.  And even with that, you likely would just be able to board after those in line are through.  In the recent couple of years no one has checked our boarding time when we have arrived.  This includes cruises out of Cape Liberty, Port Everglades, and Miami.  I doubt Port Canaveral will be any different.

Yes, not the norm but seen Tampa and Miami check times on 2 of my 8 Cruises in last yr, one was over Spring Break/Easter and other was Coast Guard Ship Inspection delaying every ones time 90min. Everyone showed up early anyway, they checked times what a Mess! Last yr I had earliest that Sailing at 11am, Uber came 30min early and I was at Pier 10:20am. Was then on the Ship at 1035am! A Rarity