Family of 5

CroozeNoob

Does anyone know of any cruise lines that economically cater to families of 5, or does it make the most economical sense to just shoot to get 2 state rooms on most ships? Ideally we would be leaving out of an east coast port (New York, Norfolk, or Baltimore)

Unless at least 2 of the people are extremely tiny, 5 in a cabin is very tight. With that said, some ships do have cabins that support 5, but they cannot be booked online.

Personally, I'd rather do 2 cabins. Perhaps a balcony with an interior across the hall?

• Like 1

With Carnival, the Dream class, Vista class, and the Venezia have Deluxe Ocean View cabins that have cabins for five.  Two lowers, two uppers, and a sofa bed.  Split bath with one toilet, two sinks and two showers.  EM

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean has ultra spacious rooms.  These have the regular bed, a sofa bed, and a set of bunk beds.  So, technically, it could sleep six.  The class of ship determines if they are interior, ocean view, or have a balcony.  You could look online for the rooms, indicating that you have four in your group.  However, for some reason, in order to book five in a room, you have to use a travel agent or call Royal Caribbean.  You can't do it online.  These rooms are pretty big, but can get pricey, depending on demand and sailing.  There also aren't a lot of these, so you need to be willing to book early.  Or, hope to get lucky and find one if you are close to your desired sailing time.  We were in one of these rooms once and loved the space.

I will admit though, even with just four of us, I prefer two connecting rooms so that you get a second bathroom.  It's something to think about, especially depending on how old your kids are and if they spend a lot of time while showering, etc.

• Like 2

call them and ask them to price compare.  In the 11 cruises I've taken, it's always been cheaper to get two cabins. We've sailed on some lines that have the family cabins, but they do always wind up being more (at least on our sailings so far).  

But I always check just to see.

• Like 2