Experience $$ Booking When Itinerary First Release

poffles

26 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

now going to try to figure out this site......going thru fruits and clueless so far.....LOL

Cruise Plum. It's OK to name them. They don't sell cruises

Cruise Plum is the best site to track cruise pricing, so I wholeheartedly support it! I track every booked and considered cruise there to see how it's doing. Sometimes, it may be a few days behind in showing changes.  

I remember watching NCL cruises specifically when they all had a vast "bathtub" curve in pricing (high at first, dropped super low for a while, then right back up near cruise time).

5 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Cruise Plum is the best site to track cruise pricing, so I wholeheartedly support it! I track every booked and considered cruise there to see how it's doing. Sometimes, it may be a few days behind in showing changes. 

The reason for that is that the lines generally publish their price adjustments on Tuesdays.  So I think that's when CruisePlum publishes their updates.

On 9/3/2024 at 3:22 PM, Turtles06 said:

If this will be your first transit of the Canal, you should seriously consider not “settling.”  IMHO, going through the original locks — especially for a first transit — is far more interesting. (Do some reading over in the Panama Canal forum, and you’ll find many others who agree.) 

@poffles Especially because you've said you like to do research, please take my recommendation that you read David McCullough's masterful "The Path Between the Seas" (Subtitle: "The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914"). DW & I pored through it in preparation for our PC transit, and it heightened our understanding and enjoyment of the experience.

The canal is a magnificent engineering achievement, of which the U.S. is justly proud. In addition, among its side benefits is the vindication of germ theory ("Whaddyamean? A tiny little mosquito can't possibly be the cause of yellow fever!"). But at the same time its creation involved skullduggery and colonial overreach that cast a shameful light on the U.S.  Being Canadian, you can, I'm sure, rise above all that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

@poffles Especially because you've said you like to do research, please take my recommendation that you read David McCullough's masterful "The Path Between the Seas" (Subtitle: "The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914"). DW & I pored through it in preparation for our PC transit, and it heightened our understanding and enjoyment of the experience.

The canal is a magnificent engineering achievement, of which the U.S. is justly proud. In addition, among its side benefits is the vindication of germ theory ("Whaddyamean? A tiny little mosquito can't possibly be the cause of yellow fever!"). But at the same time its creation involved skullduggery and colonial overreach that cast a shameful light on the U.S.  Being Canadian, you can, I'm sure, rise above all that.

I watched a documentary years ago and found it quite interesting and eye opening.  I definitely would need to find it and watch it again as well as look into this read.