Vista propulsion issues

They canceled the cruise that was supposed to start tomorrow 9/7. I haven't seen it posted anywhere but I wonder if they'll work on Vista in Freeport after everyone gets off in Port Canaveral tomorrow. A couple years ago, there was a NCL ship that ran aground in the DR and after it made its way back to Port Canaveral, they worked on it here for several weeks. I don't know if PC has an available berth here now (without having to move it around).

Vista returned to port yesterday and is still docked at terminal 6 in Port Canaveral today. We saw her late last night we came back home after a UCF football game in Orlando - she looked beautiful sitting there all lit up. Freedom is due back at CT6 tomorrow so we'll see if they move Vista prior to that.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Vista returned to port yesterday and is still docked at terminal 6 in Port Canaveral today. We saw her late last night we came back home after a UCF football game in Orlando - she looked beautiful sitting there all lit up. Freedom is due back at CT6 tomorrow so we'll see if they move Vista prior to that.

Thanks we sail on 9-15!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Just getting off Disney Wish and she is docked across from us

I was just coming here to say this. Freedom is docked at CT5 instead, which makes sense because Adventure of the Seas that normally docks there won't be back until Friday. I guess this week was a good time for Vista to have an extended stay in Port Canaveral. 🙂

• Like 2

My guess is that if they haven't moved her already, then they are doing the repairs in Port Canaveral.  I believe last time she had these issues they used a floating dry dock down in the Bahamas.

• Like 1

While I'm no ships mechanic, I think I know a thing or two.  I believe that they need to align the dual overhead VCR's and lube the power-ball chassis and all will be right as rain.  🙂

Humor aside, this is what these people do, and these machines are incredible.  Just think these huge engines run 24/7/365 and power everything with an efficiency that is mind boggling.  Cruise ships only makes money when these engines are running, they are literally to most valuable thing on the ship beside the humans.  Carnival will have the absolute best mechanics they can get in the whole wide world working on this around the clock.  There is a good chance the manufacturer and their teams are on site too.  Trust this process.  While stressful, the Vista will be at sea as fast is safely possible. Stress on the word FAST.  

Just booked a 2/2 on the Vista, looking forward to the speedy recovery (pun intended). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brittoni said:

While I'm no ships mechanic, I think I know a thing or two.  I believe that they need to align the dual overhead VCR's and lube the power-ball chassis and all will be right as rain.  🙂

I heard they're bringing in a crack team of experts to tweak the kanuter valve (home improvement reference) 😁