Embarkation Day Lunch

CabinBoy2020

40 minutes ago, pathi said:

Not until after sail away.

I have called room service prior to sailing and someone always answers. Not all cruises sail in the afternoon. We have had sailings at 11pm and others where you overnight in port before you sail the next day. I don’t see what sailing would have to do with room service

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 10:47 AM, Kineticoh20 said:

Who wants to negotiate the buffet after just getting on. We go to dining room for salmon and the orange souffle mmmmm

That is my tradition on embarkation day. The, shrimp & Avocado, salmon, & the orange soufflé truly is so yummy. 

• Like 1

Someone asked about room service on day 1/ embarkation. Here’s information,probably could order. What about B2B cruisers on turnaround day.

I would think it is allowed. Anyone know for sure that it’s not?

Princess Ocean now & room service

Access the Princess Exclusive OceanNow Service

Princess sets the bar in service with its revolutionary OceanNow on-demand, location-based delivery service. To activate this industry exclusive service, there will be a nominal one-time activation fee of $14.99 per guest, per voyage.

However, the access fee is waived ( free) for all guests sailing on Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages.

Complimentary Room Service Delivery

Princess staterooms are a sanctuary for guests and views from industry leading large balconies are epic. To maximize the stateroom experience, Princess Plus and Princess Premier participants will have the standard $5 per delivery room service charge waived.( free) That means no extra charges for the ease and luxury of on-demand service anywhere, anyplace or anytime on a Princess ship for Plus and Premier Guests.

“We take great pride in pampering our guests with friendly service and exceeding their expectations. By offering the OceanNow Service and Room Service without any additional fees to Princess Plus and Princess Premier guests, we aim to elevate their journey to an unparalleled level of comfort, indulgence and value,” said Sami Kohen, Princess vice president of food and beverage.

Edited by arizonaperson

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I don’t think so for room service. They are swamped delivering fruit and beverages

By the time I get to my cabin around 1 or 2 all that stuff is already there

Two quick tips on the MDR lunch on embarkation day:

1) Be explicit in what you ask the crew. If you ask "where can I get lunch?", they will send you to the buffet. If you ask "which MDR is open for lunch today?", they will say "the XYZ dining room on deck 99 mid (or aft), but you should go to the buffet on deck 77 mid". Think of it like poker: if you call their bluff and ask the explicit question, they have to answer your question.

2) Nothing wrong with a little legwork...you know where the MDRs are, so as you tour the ship, start midship and check out if any are open. 🙂 Worst case, you should be able to find the Reserve Collection entrance, and the staff there should be able to point you to the "plebe" entrance that's open. 😉 

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, HotRoot said:

Deck 6 Aft dining room from noon to 1:30 pm.

We have been on numerous Princess ships (Carib, Emerald, Ruby, Royal, Majestic) for Embarkation Day Lunches, but never in the Deck 6 Aft DR.  Always in one of the mid-ship DR's.

I have never ordered room service. Except for an early breakfast  before an excursion. We don’t get a package because we don’t drink alcohol and with being Elite and usually sailing in a suite, we have more than enough set ups to turn in for what we like. I’m not paying a fee to get a cold sandwich when I can get served a lovely hot lunch in the MDR. But I can see ordering if you do have a package and arrive at the ship after the dining room has closed. Glad to know that it available for those that need or want it.

On the ocean now (app) menu there is quite a few complimentary food items that are hot and cold. If you have the plus or the premier cruise package the $14.99 per voyage fee is waived. If You’re on the standard fare you pay $14.99 once per voyage. So for those that miss the time cut off for the main dining room for embarkation lunch and don’t want to go to the buffet or if their ship does not have international café etc. On most ships a burger/ pizza  by the slice is open on all days of cruise.( open deck- usually Lido) Slice  ,Trident Grill, or Salty dog Grill -not gastro pub.

Ocean now to their cabin or wherever they wish is an option. Conflicting answers to if the food portion is available on embarkation day, but until someone posts that it’s absolutely a NO for ocean now food delivery on embarkation day … I am just letting others know that there are options out there.
As far as the items I’ve seen soup, grilled cheese,  pizza, Hamburgers, french fries, Chicken sandwiches ,chicken fingers, sandwiches,& more.

2 hours ago, ijscheer said:

We have been on numerous Princess ships (Carib, Emerald, Ruby, Royal, Majestic) for Embarkation Day Lunches, but never in the Deck 6 Aft DR.  Always in one of the mid-ship DR's.

On the Emerald last month I complained because the dining room for lunch and breakfast was Deck 6 Aft.  I was told it was a Corporate decision to use that dining room on all ships.  I then posted on CC for people who were on ships and asked which dining room was used for breakfast and lunch.  All who replied said the Deck 6 Aft dining room.  This appears to be a recent change.  In the past, it was always a midship dining room.

7 hours ago, HotRoot said:

On the Emerald last month I complained because the dining room for lunch and breakfast was Deck 6 Aft.  I was told it was a Corporate decision to use that dining room on all ships.  I then posted on CC for people who were on ships and asked which dining room was used for breakfast and lunch.  All who replied said the Deck 6 Aft dining room.  This appears to be a recent change.  In the past, it was always a midship dining room.

7 hours ago, HotRoot said:

So it appears this was a recent change. We will be on Sun Princess next month, but of course there is no aft DR on this one.  I don't think I've read anything about the location on Sun Princess.

On 9/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, HotRoot said:

Deck 6 Aft dining room from noon to 1:30 pm.

15 hours ago, peety3 said:

Two quick tips on the MDR lunch on embarkation day:

1) Be explicit in what you ask the crew. If you ask "where can I get lunch?", they will send you to the buffet. If you ask "which MDR is open for lunch today?", they will say "the XYZ dining room on deck 99 mid (or aft), but you should go to the buffet on deck 77 mid". Think of it like poker: if you call their bluff and ask the explicit question, they have to answer your question.

2) Nothing wrong with a little legwork...you know where the MDRs are, so as you tour the ship, start midship and check out if any are open. 🙂 Worst case, you should be able to find the Reserve Collection entrance, and the staff there should be able to point you to the "plebe" entrance that's open. 😉 

So, the Reserve Collection dining room is also open for lunch on embarkation day? 

@Beamafar have you 'jumped ship' too? 

40 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

So, the Reserve Collection dining room is also open for lunch on embarkation day? 

@Beamafar have you 'jumped ship' too? 

Hi Foxy.  Yep!   Our next 4 are on Princess, Explora and Celebrity.  Had a rather disappointing YC experience on Seascape back in May.  

48 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Yes.

EG: On Diamond there are two MDR open for lunch.

Reserve Collection MDR in Santa Fe and International MDR, both on deck 6. 
On Coral both sections in the Bordeaux MDR on deck 5 were open.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Foxy.  Yep!   Our next 4 are on Princess, Explora and Celebrity.  Had a rather disappointing YC experience on Seascape back in May.  

We've just been driven by the itinerary, a Princess trans-pacific for us next week. 

Our Euribia sailing for next year will be cancelled, as its unlikely the Suez Canal will be open. So we'll be looking at alternatives with other people. Princess do have more interesting and adventurous itineraries. Although, a lovely land and Silverseas option to China & India came up yesterday and, we need to replace our non visit on Splendida, from 2020. The Euribia was supposed to replace our non visit to Egypt and Jordan from Splendida 2023 🙄 it'll be our 3rd Abu Dhabi cancellation, too . I'm starting to think it's me 😝

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We've just been driven by the itinerary 

Same here 

it'll be our 3rd Abu Dhabi cancellation, too . I'm starting to think it's me

Oh - it’s definitely you. 🙈😝😝

• Haha 1