Port Canaveral Departure - Hotels in other cities

Deep68

18 hours ago, Deep68 said:

Hello,

Which other coastal towns within 45 minutes of Port Canaveral would you recommend for a pre cruise stay of 3-5 days?

We drive down I-95 South from Georgia and we stay in Titusville.  Rates are much better than in Cape Canaveral and you are only 20min to the port.  

On 9/14/2024 at 4:17 AM, hrhdhd said:

Not a coastal town, though, which is what the OP is looking for.

Everyone else is answering with hotels close to the port that people stay at for one night as well. I've stayed at Country Inn and Suites pre-cruise before as well, and it was a fine hotel, but no one is staying there several days before a cruise. Titusville isn't exactly coastal either if we are going to split hairs.  

My parents used to love staying in New Smyrna Beach. They used to have a timeshare in Daytona (which is also another option, albeit a bit outside of the distance range the OP is asking about, although still only about an hour or so to Canaveral) and when they had to vacate for bike week or race week, they would go to New Smyrna Beach. Helps to know what the goal the OP has in mind here. Sitting on a nice beach for a few days before cruising, or just wanting to be in the warm weather, doesn't really matter the exact setting. Any sightseeing goals in mind. Beaches are nicer in the Daytona area, but if sitting out on a pool deck relaxing and seeing/hearing the ocean is fine, then I would just stay in Cocoa Beach or that strip to the south. 

Edited by DanJ

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Titusville the night before a cruise.  Excellent hotel, only about 25 minutes to the Port.

We got lucky and the night we checked in there was rocket launch.  Hyatt has a room on the top floor with a giant picture window to watch the launches.

I'd stay there again.