Baltimore hotels

fozzy

Driving or flying? Do you need parking? One night or a couple of nights?

With parking generally closer to the airport, but really only for one night; it's a typical airport area (some hotels will let you leave the car for the duration of the cruise). If flying, Harbor East to Fells Point. I'll defer on the with restaurant piece; there are some nice looking hotels down that way but we rarely go to Baltimore anymore.

Different but a pretty nice restaurant: Hotel Monaco, which is uphill from the Inner Harbor area.

45 minutes ago, markeb said:

Driving or flying? Do you need parking? One night or a couple of nights?

With parking generally closer to the airport, but really only for one night; it's a typical airport area (some hotels will let you leave the car for the duration of the cruise). If flying, Harbor East to Fells Point. I'll defer on the with restaurant piece; there are some nice looking hotels down that way but we rarely go to Baltimore anymore.

Different but a pretty nice restaurant: Hotel Monaco, which is uphill from the Inner Harbor area.

Thanks. We would probably be flying in the day before. 

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I've heard good things about Trinity Reservations for B'more area hotels, including info on which offer shuttles (airport, port), restaurants in the area, etc.

Trinity is best if you’re looking for parking. Too many hotels in Harbor East and the Inner Harbor if you don’t need to leave a car. 

Edited by markeb

For easy, the Courtyard Marriott at McHenry Row is close to the port. There's Diamondback Brewing (beer and a few pizzas I would describe as Aight™) and a few fast casual options. This is the closest to "walkable to port," but it's not walkable tbh, don't even try, that's a fool's errand

For a real treat if you're not driving (parking is a bit expensive in Mt Vernon 🫠), stay at the Hotel Indigo or Hotel Revival and walk up to the Helmand for some absolutely wonderful Afghan food, then Uber to the port in the morning - but stop by Cafe Fili on your way out for breakfast. I've lived in the neighborhood for some years, and I really love it here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acethesuperhero said:

For easy, the Courtyard Marriott at McHenry Row is close to the port. There's Diamondback Brewing (beer and a few pizzas I would describe as Aight™) and a few fast casual options. This is the closest to "walkable to port," but it's not walkable tbh, don't even try, that's a fool's errand

For a real treat if you're not driving (parking is a bit expensive in Mt Vernon 🫠), stay at the Hotel Indigo or Hotel Revival and walk up to the Helmand for some absolutely wonderful Afghan food, then Uber to the port in the morning - but stop by Cafe Fili on your way out for breakfast. I've lived in the neighborhood for some years, and I really love it here.

Thanks for the input.

There are many hotels near the airport and it would be an easy Uber to the ports. If you want to stay downtown, you have received some excellent recommendations.  I do not recommend any of the hotels provided by Trinity Reservations.