Tiddbits/ thoughts on Emerald..on board now

These are just some random tidbits and thoughts I am having aboard my first Princess cruise. I am aboard the Emerald on a 10 day Canada/New England cruise.

I have an obstructed view but chose my cabin carefully so that I have a full window view of outside...no obstructions except off to the side. I will not disclose my cabin number as I am still on my cruise.

Cabin is spacious and clean but of  course dated which I knew ahead of time.

Shower:

It is as small as I have read.. VERY small. Not sure how I will be shaving my legs in there. Not a fan of the shower/ shower curtain but the rest of the bathroom is fine.

Service:

Everyone has been friendly and there you can always find someone nearby to help (I got easily lost my first 2 days..lol). Every dining waiter has been great with one just kind of meh..but he was still nice.

Buffet:

Compared to Celebrity (Summit and Reflection), this buffet falls short.

Food is fine but I miss the pasta station and stirfry station. The food stations are closer together and it just seems crowded all the time even when it isn't. However...love the handwashing stations at all the buffet entrances...although most  people do not use them 😞

I love all of the different pool/hottub locations...spreads people out a bit.

I have not attended a show yet but have done some trivia and that is always well attended.

I will add more as things come to mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on Emerald earlier this year, had the same experience with the teeny-tiny shower. But also enjoyed some of the best trivia games/hosts to date. 

Have you tried any of the specialty restaurants?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travelloverontario said:

Shower:

It is as small as I have read.. VERY small. Not sure how I will be shaving my legs in there. ugh most  people do not use them

When I shaved my legs, I'd  use the toilet to put my foot on or go to the spa and use the shower there. I rarely shave my legs anymore, as I've been waxing so long I have little leg hair.

Another tidbit I noticed:

The dining staff, everywhere actually, but I particularly notice it in the MDRs..  the staff just seem...calm.

They are efficient and friendly but they do not seem stressed or it never seems hectic.

On my Celebrity cruises one thing I noticed is how stressed out and hectic the staff always seemed in the MDR. Here on Emerald.. it is just chill. Not slow at all...in fact I find the pace great..  just the staff seem more relaxed.  It is great.

In Botticelli the tables for 2  are not  squeezed together...you actually feel like you are at your own table rather than having only an inch or 2 between tables.

However...the bread and butter I prefer on Celebrity. Celebrity has more choices of rolls and bread sticks and 3 different butters!

None of these differences are deal breakers at all... just random things I have noticed.

Also...the 'fancy' ice cream desserts that come with Plus and Premier are everywhere. People are definitely ordering them. However.. it makes for a REALLY long line up at Scoops as they take so long to make. I also see a lot of it being left behind 😞

We are cruising on the Emerald in December and can’t wait to hang out in Skywalkers, Vines and Good Spirits.  We enjoy the trivia and the crew versus passenger competitions in the Piazza.

I don’t bend like I used to so I put the lid down on the toilet turn the faucet on and sit on a towel then soap up and shave that way.  Much safer for me too if it’s rocky.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise I received the bidding upgrade email today so we’re “only” 85 days out.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 10:43 AM, travelloverontario said:

I have an obstructed view but chose my cabin carefully so that I have a full window view of outside...no obstructions except off to the side.

We have that type of Emerald deck cabins booked on Emerald & Crown…is the bed located under the window?

6 hours ago, travelloverontario said:

In Botticelli the tables for 2  are not  squeezed together...you actually feel like you are at your own table rather than having only an inch or 2 between tables.

Thanks.

What type of MDR dining are you using ?

IE: walk in using anytime,

traditional fixed time,

flexi but pre reserved?

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks.

What type of MDR dining are you using ?

IE: walk in using anytime,

traditional fixed time,

flexi but pre reserved?

I think the dining  type options are changing very soon...possibly even on the next cruise. I have read that one restaurant will be set up for each type.

However on my current sailing, all 3 are open to all types. I usually reserve about 1 or 2 days ahead, once I get a look at the Patter and decide on a dining time. Since I am choosing to dine alone not all dining times are open to me at short notice (it offers me shared but not private).

I have been able to eat privately every night though, and most of them close to the time I want.

I went down once at 5:00 pm and got in line in the 'guests without reservations' line (I had no reservation booked that evening). They let the large line of reserved guests in, and then seated our line immediately after..hardly any wait. Again, I got a private table.

I have no experience with the fixed dining times so I cannot speak to that. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Long time cruiser, have often wondered have showers gotten smaller or have cruisers gotten larger?😁

Hahha...well may be a bit of both?

I am not that large of a person and I find the showers on Emerald very small. I may have gotten spoiled on some  Celebrity ships, as the ones I have been on had shower doors (not curtains) and have been roomier for sure!

• Like 1