Deal alert - Solo Travelers

Thanks, but already booked during those sailings (Odyssey in Nov and Allure in Feb).  🙂

Note that the mentioned deals are not only good for solos, but would also be good for people that normally book double or triple.  Each person would get the extra solo point, any shareholder OBC (if each person owes 100+ shares), and any applicable RCI or TA OBC.  And ... an extra bathroom!  Book connecting or side by side and open the balcony divider.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks, but already booked during those sailings (Odyssey in Nov and Allure in Feb).  🙂

Note that the mentioned deals are not only good for solos, but would also be good for people that normally book double or triple.  Each person would get the extra solo point, any shareholder OBC (if each person owes 100+ shares), and any applicable RCI or TA OBC.  And ... an extra bathroom!  Book connecting or side by side and open the balcony divider.

Same, I booked already too, or I'd be all over those solo cruises! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken at the beach said:

lots of inventory

I will be the first to admit I don’t know much about the single supplement, even though I am eligible for it if I cruise alone, but why wouldn’t it be available if a lot of cabins are available? Or did I I misunderstand your initial comment?

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I will be the first to admit I don’t know much about the single supplement, even though I am eligible for it if I cruise alone, but why wouldn’t it be available if a lot of cabins are available? Or did I I misunderstand your initial comment?

No single supplement means that you are paying for 1 person.  The normal single supplement is 200% which means you are basically paying for 2 people (less the taxes and fees) so when there is no supplement you are only paying for 1 person...it's half the usual price that solo's would usually pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ken at the beach said:

No single supplement means that you are paying for 1 person.  The normal single supplement is 200% which means you are basically paying for 2 people (less the taxes and fees) so when there is no supplement you are only paying for 1 person...it's half the usual price that solo's would usually pay.

Thanks for the information. I thought you were referring to the 50% off you get off when sailing solo as a D+ with 340 days. I have never used it so don’t know too much about it 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Thanks for the information. I thought you were referring to the 50% off you get off when sailing solo as a D+ with 340 days. I have never used it so don’t know too much about it 

What you get at 340 points is a 150% solo supplement which works out to 25% off the total price.

Example

Per person pricing

$1000

room for 2 is $2000

Normal room for 1 is $1000 x 200% = $2000

150% supplement $1000 x 150% - $1500

No solo supplement $1000 x 100% = $1000

Prices are without taxes

3 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

What you get at 340 points is a 150% solo supplement which works out to 25% off the total price.

Example

Per person pricing

$1000

room for 2 is $2000

Normal room for 1 is $1000 x 200% = $2000

150% supplement $1000 x 150% - $1500

No solo supplement $1000 x 100% = $1000

Prices are without taxes

And 125% supplement (DP340 + TA/TP/PC/Repo) is $1000 x 125% = $1250.  🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Makes perfect sense.  They have lots of unsold inventory and they are slashing prices to get bodies on board

So, what you are saying that the slashed prices are cheaper than the solo supplement rates.  

37 minutes ago, nelblu said:

So, what you are saying that the slashed prices are cheaper than the solo supplement rates.  

There is no solo supplement on these sailings so yes the price is less than what it would be using your DP340 discount that has a 150% solo supplement

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

No single supplement on these 2 sailings in most categories excluding suites

Oasis Nov 7, 2024

Freedom Feb 16, 2025

Would you still get double points(for sailing solo)with these sailings? 

4 minutes ago, cruiselover04 said:

Would you still get double points(for sailing solo)with these sailings? 

Yes if you booked a cabin that is double occupancy, not if you booked a solo cabin which isnt what ken is posting about.

To me this is more evidence that the crazy price hikes we were seeing ran into a wall and now there are last minute deals. Before the only way to get good deals was to book ahead, those days seem to be mostly gone. There are last minute deals again. I've seen some good deals, even on suites, those prices are coming down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes if you booked a cabin that is double occupancy, not if you booked a solo cabin which isnt what ken is posting about.

To me this is more evidence that the crazy price hikes we were seeing ran into a wall and now there are last minute deals. Before the only way to get good deals was to book ahead, those days seem to be mostly gone. There are last minute deals again. I've seen some good deals, even on suites, those prices are coming down. 

Thank you. 

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not necessarily.  You are getting double points because you are paying for more than 1 guest.  In this case you are only paying for 1 guest.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I agree with the theory that pricing was getting crazy and they need to find ways to sell cabins.  I know its just one data point, but we had booked on Wonder a ~$8K sky class suite and at the time of our initial booking the Royal Loft suite was well over $30K for the week.  Given its a fall week when most kids are in school - it appears to me someone at corporate or more likely the computer algorithm realized they weren't going to sell it at that price or anything close and we were awarded it in the Royal up bid program for less than half the original cost more than a month before sailing.