Changing latitude level during a cruise

AtlDave W

Currently am at latitude Gold level, and couple of points away from platinum. My next cruise will get me to platinum level. What level will ncl give me during the cruise? Keep me at Gold? Or bump me up to platinum during the cruise? Thanks.

Gold. Points are added after the cruise. Some people have reported that they have been able to get the CruiseNext folks to bump them for 1, maybe 2 points. But not common, not to be expected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtlDave W said:

Currently am at latitude Gold level, and couple of points away from platinum. My next cruise will get me to platinum level. What level will ncl give me during the cruise? Keep me at Gold? Or bump me up to platinum during the cruise? Thanks.

Points are posted once your cruise is complete. You will remain gold during your cruise. Or, you can find a short 3-day cruise to go on so that you will be platinum on the longer cruise. 

10 hours ago, AtlDave W said:

You have already experienced changes in your Latitudes level. At some point you moved from Bronze to Silver and at another point you moved from Silver to Gold.

Did these moves occur during a cruise, or only once the cruise had completed?

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

You have already experienced changes in your Latitudes level. At some point you moved from Bronze to Silver and at another point you moved from Silver to Gold.

Did these moves occur during a cruise, or only once the cruise had completed?

Only after completion of cruise.

16 hours ago, AtlDave W said:

NO ONE changes levels during a cruise.  Points are not earned or posted until your cruise is complete.

The only exception that I am aware is during the Cruise Next promotion, which we recently took advantage of. Albeit it was only 2 points to Silver (we had 18), we were able to take advantage of the 10% Silver discount and other Silver perks during the cruise.  They did not give us new cards, but the Silver status was in the system. Only 323 more points until Diamond!

• Like 1

NCL awards points after a cruise. Never during. Maybe if you buy a bunch of Cruise Next certs they might tell you are getting bumped up, but you really aren’t. They won’t give you the next tier benefits. 

50 minutes ago, zqvol said:

NCL awards points after a cruise. Never during. Maybe if you buy a bunch of Cruise Next certs they might tell you are getting bumped up, but you really aren’t. They won’t give you the next tier benefits. 

There was a promo not too long ago where they bumped you up early if you... honestly, can't remember what... Bought CN? Booked a cruise? I didn't take much notice since it wasn't anything I could take advantage of.

Thanks all! Looks like cruise next desk is where I need to go.... Funny last cruise did not get my benefits and guest services was useless; but cruise next fixed immediately. Is this your experience?

4 minutes ago, AtlDave W said:

Thanks all! Looks like cruise next desk is where I need to go.... Funny last cruise did not get my benefits and guest services was useless; but cruise next fixed immediately. Is this your experience?

Guest services basically can't do anything about CruiseNext/latitudes issues. Not their department...that's not an excuse, it's just true. Staff onboard aren't normally cross-trained, although some are more informed than others. Same can be said for excursions - if you don't get your latitudes discount, you need to go to the excursion desk, not GS.

34 minutes ago, Asawi said:

There was a promo not too long ago where they bumped you up early if you... honestly, can't remember what... Bought CN? Booked a cruise? I didn't take much notice since it wasn't anything I could take advantage of.

It was Cruise Next. I took advantage of it two weeks ago while on Viva.  Bumped us up to Silver during the cruise and we were able to take advantage of the Silver perks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travel R said:

It was Cruise Next. I took advantage of it two weeks ago while on Viva.  Bumped us up to Silver during the cruise and we were able to take advantage of the Silver perks.

What exactly was offered? Purchase a CN certificate and get bumped up a status? 

2 minutes ago, 7Contraveler said:

What exactly was offered? Purchase a CN certificate and get bumped up a status? 

I saw the promo on a cruise I was on - I think it was limited to a bump to silver. Possibly Gold if you were already silver. But nothing further. Wouldn't that be a trip if a couple of CNs could get you from Sapphire to Diamond (free upgrade) or Diamond to Ambassador (free cruise)!

• Like 1