Thank You for Being Nice

lcand1923

I will shortly be taking a Group Cruise put together by my Travel Agent on another cruise line.  It is one that I haven’t sailed on for years.  The itinerary on the cruise appealed to me, so I booked the cruise.

I remembered that the Cruise Critic posters on that board were rather unfriendly, but that was pre-pandemic and people have changed.  Well, they haven’t.

I want to say “Thank You” to the posters on the Cruise Critic HAL board.  You are polite, helpful, kind, respectful, friendly and NICE!

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

I will shortly be taking a Group Cruise put together by my Travel Agent on another cruise line.  It is one that I haven’t sailed on for years.  The itinerary on the cruise appealed to me, so I booked the cruise.

I remembered that the Cruise Critic posters on that board were rather unfriendly, but that was pre-pandemic and people have changed.  Well, they haven’t.

I want to say “Thank You” to the posters on the Cruise Critic HAL board.  You are polite, helpful, kind, respectful, friendly and NICE!

THANK YOU!!!

Well...I have to ask...what is the other cruise line?  I read a bunch of cruise critic forums, and although I have encountered a handful of irritating people and a couple that have been actually rude over the years, 99+% are polite, friendly and helpful.  I have not encountered a particular forum where many of the people are not nice.

• Like 2

Glad you found a cruise  itinerary that suits your needs .  As far as [ep[le are concerned  most are easy to get along with on these  cruise critic boards & then there are the  those that needle people 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torquer said:

Well...I have to ask...what is the other cruise line?  I read a bunch of cruise critic forums, and although I have encountered a handful of irritating people and a couple that have been actually rude over the years, 99+% are polite, friendly and helpful.  I have not encountered a particular forum where many of the people are not nice.

I agree with you completely that 99% of the people who post to Cruise Critic are friendly and helpful.  I won’t name the cruise line because I was taught, “If you can’t say anything nice …” 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lcand1923 said:

I agree with you completely that 99% of the people who post to Cruise Critic are friendly and helpful.  I won’t name the cruise line because I was taught, “If you can’t say anything nice …” 

I know the ending you mean for that, but there's another one that goes, "...come sit by me." I always thought it was Dorothy Parker, but I looked it up recently, and it was Alice Roosevelt Longworth (Teddy's daughter).

I haven't spent much time on other cruise line boards here, other than Cunard. But occasionally, I have seen some snark on other boards (and I won't say, either). Another part of CC that is very friendly and helpful is port of call boards. Some of those boards are frequented by locals who are great about answering questions, even if the question is asked over and over and over again. 

• Like 4