Can the concierge help?

Curious can your concierge call down to Muster G1 to say my handicap client knows where it is and she's shown her phone she completed everything else. Seriously Royal I have the only HC CLS and I have to walk to the Aqua Theater in the heat & humidity. Plain not cool Royal. Couldn't I, 1 person get a spot in 1of 3 dinning rooms🤔

11 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Curious can your concierge call down to Muster G1 to say my handicap client knows where it is and she's shown her phone she completed everything else. Seriously Royal I have the only HC CLS and I have to walk to the Aqua Theater in the heat & humidity. Plain not cool Royal. Couldn't I, 1 person get a spot in 1of 3 dinning rooms🤔

Unfortunately all must complete it and show they know where it is by showing up. It's annoying on a b2b2b2b I have the same cabin but do it 4 times. Just one of those things. Genie or concierge cant give you a pass that I'm aware of 

I very much doubt it.  The muster requirement is an international sailing requirement, not a Royal one.  And Royal has significantly simplified the process from prior to the pandemic.  It used to be that you had to go to your muster station at the same time near sailing time, and most of the time you had to sit there until everyone got there (with a countdown) and then the captain released you.  So just going out and back to the station is far better than sitting out there for 20-40min (depending on when you go and the other passengers).  And on smaller ships, it was even worse- you had to line up in tight groups, sometimes out in the sun, and just stand there until they did the entire process.

As for the actual location- it's all about where your cabin is located- not what kind of cabin you have.  And the entire cabin will be at the same place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Just go to the muster station as soon as you board the ship, before you go to your room. Very easy. 

Very easy when you don’t have mobility issues. Not so easy when it has taken all you’ve got to make it up the “jet way” to the ship. Then you look for a bench to rest for a moment before continuing and every one is full of kids or able-bodied people with their luggage piled up next to them on the bench. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Just go to the muster station as soon as you board the ship, before you go to your room. Very easy. 

Says the person who is not disable and I'm having to walk just on a cane. I'm trying walk this whole thing and man they just made it ridiculous. Alot of steps for nothing. Unfortunately no rollator til Monday. Seriously Royal/humans needs to think things out better and adjust it. A great start back Royal. 🤪

5 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Very easy when you don’t have mobility issues. Not so easy when it has taken all you’ve got to make it up the “jet way” to the ship. Then you look for a bench to rest for a moment before continuing and every one is full of kids or able-bodied people with their luggage piled up next to them on the bench. 

TY, what you said is so true. I'm going to try to walk it from a right hip revision in July. It is just plain insulting. Just like that HC CLS is almost at the back of the ship. Who thought that out 🤔. Seriously what is wrong with ppl. 

54 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

You should be able to complete the safety briefing and emergency horn awareness on the app shortly before you actually board the ship (we often do it while on the way to the port), so it is easy to make the Aqua Theatre your first stop once you board to get yourself checked in (your CLS probably won't be available yet), and then head up to the suite deck for lunch in the Coastal Kitchen.

That way, you can also have the logistics information you need to let your suite stewards know what they need to bring to your stateroom to assist you in the unlikely event of a real emergency.

16 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Says the person who is not disable and I'm having to walk just on a cane. I'm trying walk this whole thing

DW has two bad knees, and I have a bad back and CHD. She can't walk anywhere without a walker, and I have to use a cane (I'm the lucky one - for now), and we have made the walk you are complaining about 10-12 times a year with no difficulty.🙄

Edited by orville99
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

How are they going to make it if there's a genuine emergency? In fact, how will they even enjoy this ship, if getting up the gangway takes them out for the whole day, to the point where they can't check in to their emergency station?

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

TY, what you said is so true. I'm going to try to walk it from a right hip revision in July. It is just plain insulting. Just like that HC CLS is almost at the back of the ship. Who thought that out 🤔. Seriously what is wrong with ppl. 

They've got other accessible rooms that aren't suites at the back of the ship. I understand that you have a mobility issue and I have no doubt that creates a lot of hassles and hardships for you, but c'mon, nobody forced you to take a cruise, or to stay in a room at the very back of the ship, and if going to your muster station is this much of an inconvenience (or even, it sounds like, a near impossibility), perhaps you might rethink this trip, as you're certainly not going to be able to get to any of the shows, or other venues on the ship either. 

A family member of mine has been an avid cruiser for 40+ years, doing multiple cruises a year, but is now so immobile and wheelchair bound that she doesn't enjoy cruising anymore. Last trip they took she was stuck in the room the whole time because she couldn't comfortably navigate the ship, and couldn't get off in any of the European ports because they were tendering and the cobblestone streets weren't wheelchair accessible. Sometimes stuff like this is what makes you realize your cruising days might be over.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Says the person who is not disable and I'm having to walk just on a cane. I'm trying walk this whole thing and man they just made it ridiculous. Alot of steps for nothing. Unfortunately no rollator til Monday. Seriously Royal/humans needs to think things out better and adjust it. A great start back Royal. 🤪

It appears that it would be beneficial for you to rent a scooter for your sailing.

I will second with what prior posters have commented and also add it's a 5 minute visit as long as you have completed the majority of the muster on your app prior to reporting. The staff member scans your app or verifies your cabin number, asks if you have any questions and sends you on your way. A far cry from the old days of actually putting your life vest ON while waiting in muster station for the 3-4 missing passengers. Then being led to the lifeboat boarding stations...outside...with your life jacket ON in the Florida heat and humidity, standing in line for a full presentation and then being released once ALL boats had completed their briefings....those were the days. 

1 hour ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Sorry that this is so much trouble for you, but it is what it is, and it's an international requirement, not a royal one.  They did actually make the process a whole lot easier than it was.  

• Like 1

Anyone sill following. Well, I've pretty much made my goal. I walked to Logan Terminal A expansion to the furthest gate. Also it was to walk onto Allure and I have accomplished that. I had to stop and rest, but I did it. I'm up at CK having my lunch and then go to Aqua. I feel pretty accomplished I made my goals.

20240913_115544.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You know, you could have requested wheelchair assistance onto the ship to cut out a huge amount of the walking... you didn't have to make it so difficult on yourself if it was such an ordeal.

It's also very simple to request wheelchair assistance at any domestic airport.  

I regularly cruise with mobility impaired friends.  It's not that difficult.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 12:58 AM, brillohead said:

You know, you could have requested wheelchair assistance onto the ship to cut out a huge amount of the walking... you didn't have to make it so difficult on yourself if it was such an ordeal.

It's also very simple to request wheelchair assistance at any domestic airport.  

I regularly cruise with mobility impaired friends.  It's not that difficult.

Yes, wheelchair assistance cuts down on the never-ending boarding ramps. It is so easy to rent a scooter now. I don't understand why this option isn't used more often.  It isn't that expensive and really helps those with mobility issues handle long distances and you can park it out of the way and walk short distances to explore every nook and cranny of the ship. It is great to use in ports, too.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Yes, wheelchair assistance cuts down on the never-ending boarding ramps. It is so easy to rent a scooter now. I don't understand why this option isn't used more often.  It isn't that expensive and really helps those with mobility issues handle long distances and you can park it out of the way and walk short distances to explore every nook and cranny of the ship. It is great to use in ports, too.   

Particularly on the humongous ships, like Oasis and above.  There is just SO much walking, unless you're on the Suite Deck and only go to Coastal Kitchen!

• Like 1